Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@noodleann

Are these different than the English cucumbers or hot house cucumbers?

I believe they are what is called English/hot house cucumbers, but a definition I saw said they had "smaller, less noticeable seeds." The ones I got, which look like the ones pictured (skinnier than a regular cuke) didn't have any seeds at all, or they were so insignificant I didn't notice them. 

They are often tightly wrapped in cellophane or plastic in the supermarket, IIFC.

HTH.

@noodleann

I think you are referring to the Persian cukes (their skin is smooth and thin, flesh is very crisp, sweet and they are void of developed seeds; measure about 4 to 6 inches in length, as this is the size when it is at its peak of sweetness, and they can be found in a produce tray covered with cellophane).

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Hearing about cucumber sandwiches makes it sound so fresh and healthy! Not! I wish there was a way to make them so theres not so much mayo and cream cheese but I guess thats what makes them enjoyable. Oh well I guess I'll never taste one. Woman Happy

@ID2There is low fat cream cheese, and the diet mayo from Dukes (with the blue cap) isn't half bad.  Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

Do you have the recipe for that cucumber salad

Respected Contributor

Re: CUCUMBER SANDWICHES

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@noodleann

Are these different than the English cucumbers or hot house cucumbers?

I believe they are what is called English/hot house cucumbers, but a definition I saw said they had "smaller, less noticeable seeds." The ones I got, which look like the ones pictured (skinnier than a regular cuke) didn't have any seeds at all, or they were so insignificant I didn't notice them. 

They are often tightly wrapped in cellophane or plastic in the supermarket, IIFC.

HTH.

@noodleann

I think you are referring to the Persian cukes (their skin is smooth and thin, flesh is very crisp, sweet and they are void of developed seeds; measure about 4 to 6 inches in length, as this is the size when it is at its peak of sweetness, and they can be found in a produce tray covered with cellophane).

So sorry, @vabreeze, I missed your reply completely!

The cukes I was thinking of are actually a bit longer than regular cukes, but I believe I've seen what you're describing in one of our supermarkets. I've never tried them, but will definitely do so next time they're available. Thanks for the info!