Respected Contributor

I am going to post mine as well as some really good ones I got from you ladies here.

My Moms favorite coconut cake(was my grams):----BAKE AT 350 The absolute best if you like coconut. doglover3

4 large eggs
2 c.sugar
3/4 c Crisco
1 c milk
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c coconut

BEAT:
4 egg whites till fluffy, set aside:
CREAM:
2 c sugar and the 3/4 c Crisco till fluffy
ADD:
4 well beaten egg yolks
ALTERNATELY ADD:
1 C milk with the 2 c flour and 2 tsp bk.pwd
ADD:
3/4 c coconut
FOLD IN:
YOUR BEATEN EGG WHITES
BAKE 350 FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES IN A 9X13 PAN
Cool and frost with your favorite icing and top with coconut
Respected Contributor

Coconut Cake

• 1 box yellow cake mix(can use white which some prefer)
  • 1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1-1/3 cup of water
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 vegetable oil
  • 2 cups flaked coconut
  • 1 cup chopped nuts, of your choice (I generally use walnuts)opt. if allergic or you just don’t like them
Blend cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl on medium speed for about 4 minutes.
Hand stir in coconut and nuts.
Pour into 2 or 3 greased and floured 9-inch layer pans (depending on if you want a two or a three layered cake. I made two this time.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool in the pans for at least 15 minutes then remove and completely cool on a rack or a counter top.
I usually top the cake with a homemade coconut cream cheese frosting, but I was short on time and mixed 2 cans of white fluffy Betty Crocker frosting with one and a half cups of flaked coconut. Be careful not to add too much coconut or the frosting will be too thick and too hard to spread. For a fluffy canned frosting, whip it first before using with your mixer.
Mary Beth Roe
Respected Contributor

This is the version of the Coco Lopez cake that I've made many times. It calls for 1 can sweetened condensed milk and 1 can Coco Lopez, but no cool whip or frosting. This cake is very rich, but very delicious....and easy! I prefer to use frozen coconut--it seems fresher to me.

EASY COCONUT CREAM CAKE by gulfcoastms
Ingredients
1 (18 ¼ or 18 ½ ounce) package yellow (or white if you prefer) cake mix
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 (15-ounce Coco Lopez ® Cream of Coconut
1 (3 ½ ounce) can flaked coconut ( 1 2/3 cups)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Instructions
Prepare cake mix as package directs; bake in 13x9 inch baking pan as directed.

With a table knife or skewer, poke holes about 1 inch apart in cake almost to bottom.

Top with remaining ingredients in order listed. Cool Cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.

Respected Contributor

Coconut Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/3 cups water
4 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups angel flake coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
Blend cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat at medium speed 4 minutes. Stir in coconut and nuts. Pour into 3 greased and floured 8" or 9" cake pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pans for 15 minutes, then remove and cool on wire racks. When completely cool, fill and frost top with frosting.
Frosting:

4 tablesp butter, divided
2 cups coconut
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
2 teasp milk
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teasp vanilla
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Add coconut, stir constantly over low heat until golden. Spread on paper towel to drain. Cream 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese and milk. Gradually add powdered sugar, blend in vanilla. When smooth, fold in 1 3/4 cups toasted coconut. Spread on tops of layers and stack. Sprinkle top with remaining toasted coconut.

RIVERRAT

Respected Contributor

SUNNY COCONUT CAKE

2 cups sour cream

2 cups sugar

1/4 cup orange juice

1 (14-ounce) package flaked coconut

1 (181/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix

1 (3-ounce) package orange gelatin

1 cup water

1/3 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

1 cup whipping cream

1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained

In mixing bowl, combine first three ingredients. Beat in coconut. Cover and refrigerate. In another mixing bowl, combine next five ingredients; mix well. Pour into two greased, floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes or until cakes test done. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Split cakes in half. Set aside 1 cup of coconut filling; spread remaining filling between cake layers. Refrigerate. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into reserved filling. Frost top and sides of cake; garnish with oranges. Refrigerate until serving.

Coconut cake was a favorite for my dad. This recipe, from Kraft Foods, is in his memory:

Ima Red Head

Respected Contributor

I like to make a regular white cake in a 9x13 pan, then while warm, to poke with holes and pour over 1 can of Cream of Coconut mixed with one can of Eagle Brand milk- then top with grated coconut...You can also add some coconut to the cake itself.

Oh so moist! posted by stilltamn8r

Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting by Southern Living posted by sarahpanda

Ingredients

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3 tablespoons milk $

Click to see savings

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract $

Click to see savings

• 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1 (7-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut

Preparation

1. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add milk and vanilla, beating well. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Stir in coconut.
COCONUT CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE

1/2 cup butter
1- 8 oz. cream cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
3 cup sugar
3 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1- 6 oz. frozen COCONUT (thawed)
1 tsp. coconut flavoring
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring

Cream together butter, cream cheese and shortening. Gradually add sugar. Beat at a med speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time; beating well after each. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Blend well, fold in coconut and flavoring. Pour in floured and greased 10" tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degs for 1 hr and 15 mins. Cool on rack 10 to 15 mins. R
emove and complete cooling on rack.
Respected Contributor

Coconut Pound Cake

2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup Crisco
1 tsp. salt
5 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 cup flour
1 1/3 cup coconut
1 tsp. coconut extract

Cream sugar and Crisco. Add eggs one at a time; beat 1 1/2 min. each. Add extract and mix well. Blend dry ingredients in another bowl and add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture. Add coconut. Bake in greased tube pan (I use two bread pans) 1 hour at 325* or until tests done.

Coconut Glaze

1 cu. sugar ~ 1/2 cu. water ~ 1 tsp. coconut extract

Boil sugar, water and extract for 1 min. and pour mixture on cake after cooling for 5 min. Let soak a bit. Let cake cool another 10 min. before removing from pan. POSTED BY HEREKITTYKITTY

Respected Contributor

I thought I would add this one since it also has coconut in it.

HAWAIIAN WEDDING CAKE (from my sister) don't know where she got it though

2 cup flour
2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup coconut
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup nuts(chopped walnuts work well)
2 cup crushed pineapple (not drained)

Mix by hand DO NOT USE MIXER
Grease a 9 X 12 pan, DO NOT FLOUR
Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes

TOPPING:

8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 stick of butter
both at room temperature
1 cup of 4 X powdered sugar(confectioners)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix at high speed
Spread on cake
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup coconut

Trusted Contributor

I think I have died and gone to coconut cake heaven. Thank you doglover for all your hard work posting these recipes.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor
The cooking channel showed Alton Brown's episode of Good Eats last night that focused on Coconut Cake. You can probably find it on Food Network.com

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown