Respected Contributor

@Sooner  Thanks so much for the volume guide!  AND it made me think a bit about Bundt vs Tube pan. I never considered that a tube pan isn't a bundt pan but a bundt pan is always a  "tube" pan!

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter   Thanks for the recipe, sounds good.  We have coffee cake on the weekends for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

I made bundt cakes for many years to use for xmas gifts. I had a pretty nice assortment of Nordic bundt pans. One thing about the ones that have a black interior, you need to lower the oven temp by 25* so it doesn't over cook and give you a chewy crust. Also, I use the PAM baking spray too--never had any problems with the cake sticking to the pan. and, I would dust the pan with cocoa powder for the choc ones . Also letting the cake sit for about 10 minutes on a rack is good. Seems to settle the cake before you turn it out. Little tricks from making prob hundreds of them

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   thank you for the tips.  I was looking at the pans at the store yesterday (walmart) I am not sure which brand they carried and was concerned about the quality and sticking issues.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs ---I had a few cheaper brands that did fine too. Just seems like Nordic came out with the really fancy shaped ones. but I found alot on sale so rarely paid full price for the N-brand.

A bundt pan is find for baking coffee cakes, even the struesel one you describe. I've dont it many times and it comes out great. Greasing helps.