Valued Contributor

Re: Bundt cake mixes-anyone else miss them?

They are easy enough to make with regular cake mix and pudding.  Many recipes on line. 

Trusted Contributor

I have no issue baking such cakes from scratch. I have never used the baking mixes. Sorry....What I hate is, I have several of the decorative bundt pans, but they will not take a full recipe of the cake. They are not as big as the original bundt pans, that I do have, and I am never  sure how much I should put in the pan to have it come out right...Why did Nordic Ware do this to the decorative pans??? Why could they not be the same size as the original bundt pan when all of the recipes are for the original???

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

I miss them. I don't understand why they stopped making them.

Honored Contributor

It seems like the mixes would sell - maybe even with the company that is most famous for their bundt cake pans involved in what would increase their sales AND sell the mixes.

I'm really not even one for dump cooking and the like, but I really loved this one mix with the coconut in the middle of the chocolate bundt cake.

Since then, about the only thing I use my pan for is a pumpkin cake that I've made a few times.   It might have walnuts or pecans in it, I can't remember.  It is not my recipe, rather one I must have found online and printed out.   It's a very nice dessert with some vanilla bean ice cream.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It seems like the mixes would sell - maybe even with the company that is most famous for their bundt cake pans involved in what would increase their sales AND sell the mixes.

I'm really not even one for dump cooking and the like, but I really loved this one mix with the coconut in the middle of the chocolate bundt cake.

Since then, about the only thing I use my pan for is a pumpkin cake that I've made a few times.   It might have walnuts or pecans in it, I can't remember.  It is not my recipe, rather one I must have found online and printed out.   It's a very nice dessert with some vanilla bean ice cream.  Smiley Happy

I liked that chocolate coconut one, too.  

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to write to Nordic Ware and ask if it will start making more "fancy" Bundt cake mixes; it currently offers the mixes for standards such as devil's food, vanilla, lemon, and confetti, as well as mixes for "gooey brown butter" and molten chocolate cakes. (It appears that Pillsbury now just calls its regular cake mix a Bundt cake mix, so it seems unlikely that it would reissue the older versions.)

https://www.nordicware.com/kitchenware/gourmet-bundt-mixes

Respected Contributor

I remember those bundt cake mixes.  They were very tasty and simple to make.  Eons ago I make the pineapple one for a bake sale our employees' associate sponsored.  I was surprised when I was told our assistant director bought the entire cake.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Williams Sonoma still sells Bundt cake mixes.  About six different varieties online.

Williams Sonoma Red Velvet Bundt® Cake Mix