Valued Contributor

Sometimes I like breakfast for dinner. I'm low on groceries but had eggs, ore-ida potatoes o'obrien and cheese. I decided to make a strata.  I fried up the potatoes in a skillet with some extra chopped onion and bell pepper. I then layered the potato mixture in a 8x12 glass greased Pyrex just enough to fully cover the bottom. Then I layered the potatoes with grated mozzarella to generously cover. Over that I poured a mixture of 6 eggs whipped with 2 tbsp of milk. Of course I seasoned each step with salt and pepper and I also used some garlic and onion powder. Baked for about 25 mins until golden at 375. Served with sour cream and salsa. It was yummy. 

Respected Contributor

We love breakfast for dinner 🥘 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Breakfast for dinner

[ Edited ]

My family likes breakfast for dinner too. 

This week we had ham, potato crowns, scrambled eggs, biscuits, and gravy. 

Very enjoyable. 

Esteemed Contributor

Your strata sounds really good @simplyfriends !  I might have to give that a try.

Honored Contributor

I really dislike breakfast for dinner.  Really, I dislike breakfast food and love meat, vegetables, and salad.  I would be more likely to eat pot roast for breakfast. 

It's very rare when I want that kind of good.  

Honored Contributor

i LOVE breakfast for dinner.....to me it is a bit decadent, especially when it includes lots of bacon. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends 

We love breakfast for dinner, too!  Your recipe sounds fabulous.  I would add one thing, though...sausage or bacon.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I had a bowl of cereal last night does that count?  I often have 'scrambletts" (failed omlettes) with veggies and cheese for dinner. Quick ,Easy, Done.

Respected Contributor

I'm with @ECBG , I'd go with supper for breakfast except mine would be a juicy burger with onion and fries. Yum.

Super Contributor

@simplyfriends 

That sounds delicious.

I would say that my husband likes breakfast for dinner more than I do.

We would like what you made. I will have to try that. Thank you.