Respected Contributor

Tonight, I took a roll of cresent rolls and fresh blueberry.  I took the normal pack of 8 rolls and turned them into the four sections they come in.  Then I buttered then, spread cinnaminon sugar, and put fresh blueberries in them and sealed the edges into little rectangles.  I buttered the tops and sprinkled with more sugar.  I baked at 375 for 15-18 minutes until done.  They were Yummy!

Since this is summer, I baked them in the counter top oven to keep the house cool.

Esteemed Contributor

Yummy Yum Smiley.png

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that sounds wonderful!  Thank you for that idea!!

Trusted Contributor

That sounds really good! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the great idea! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Thx for sharing. Sounds yummy. You could also use different fruits if you cut the pieces up smaller.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

Tonight, I took a roll of cresent rolls and fresh blueberry.  I took the normal pack of 8 rolls and turned them into the four sections they come in.  Then I buttered then, spread cinnaminon sugar, and put fresh blueberries in them and sealed the edges into little rectangles.  I buttered the tops and sprinkled with more sugar.  I baked at 375 for 15-18 minutes until done.  They were Yummy!

Since this is summer, I baked them in the counter top oven to keep the house cool.

You just gave me an idea.

Why not roll out those crescent rolls, cut them into rectangles, fill them, crimp the edges with a fork and turn them into homemade Pop Tarts?

A local business that consists of two women is getting FAMOUS for their butter based homemade pop tarts (the business is called the Butter Block - and their stuff sells out in hours.) They usually mix fresh fruit with dried...they said the consistency is better and the filling doesn't get "runny."

Has anyone here made homemade Pop Tarts? I'd be interested in your recipes!