Valued Contributor

Re: BEST WAY TO COOK CORN ON THE COB

Bring water to a boil ( enough to cover the ears of corn on the cob.) Drop in the corn. Boil 6 minutes. DO NOT SALT while boiling as that toughen the corn. I have an electric stove and after it comes to a boil, I turn down the heat to medium/ hot and it doesn't boil over. I don't cover the pot. Drain and then put on dish and butter and add salt to taste. 

Honored Contributor

I trim the ends off of the unshucked corn and then soak the ear in water for a few minutes.

then wrap in foil and place on the grill.  I turn it often for about 8 minutes.  It is always good and is never burnt.  The leaves and silk just fall right off the corn.  I do this when making dinner on the grill.

i also boil in water on occasion.

Esteemed Contributor

@elruth wrote:

Bring water to a boil ( enough to cover the ears of corn on the cob.) Drop in the corn. Boil 6 minutes. DO NOT SALT while boiling as that toughen the corn. I have an electric stove and after it comes to a boil, I turn down the heat to medium/ hot and it doesn't boil over. I don't cover the pot. Drain and then put on dish and butter and add salt to taste. 

-----------------

We do the same, but I always add milk to the water.  Am not sure what it does....the corn is always sweet...my mother always did that!!!

New Contributor

Microwave Corn on the Cob in the husk. It's the easiest way to enjoy fresh corn and you don't have to mess with any silk!

Instructions
  1. Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high as follows:

1 ear – 2 minutes

2 ears – 4 minutes

3 ears – 5 minutes

4 ears – 6 minutes

2. Allow the corn to cool untouched after cooking for about 5 minutes.

3. Cut about 1 inch off of the end of the corn that has a stub. Don’t cut the end with the silk showing.

4. Grab the end of the corn with the silk and pull it away, rocking gently if needed to begin the process.

Honored Contributor

Our first corn is in and OMG it is sooooo tasty!! Simply throw it on the grill, husks on, and grill it!! You won't be sorry! Absolutely delicious!!

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The only way we prepare it for the last several years is by grilling it.  We leave the husks on while grilling then shuck it when it's cooked....it's so good!

Respected Contributor

I think it all depends on what 'flavor' you want the corn to have.  My DH likes it roasted in the oven or on the grill.  If I am in a hurry, I just trim off the ends of the unshucked corn, wrap it in a few pieces of paper towels, pop it into the microwaver for 3 minutes on HIGH.  You'll have to let it cool for a few minutes but I think it's great !

Trusted Contributor

Wrap corn with husks on in wet papertowel and then microwave.  Cut stalk end off then shake out of husk,  Couldn't be easier.

Boop

Esteemed Contributor

I rinse my corn and roll it in wax paper with a pat of butter.  I then microwave it for about 2 minutes.....longer the more ears you have.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@colover wrote:

Wrap it in Saran wrap, each piece indivually a d out in microwave for 3 minutes. I do 1 ear at a time. Was told about microwave cooking the corn about 3 years ago and that's the only way we do it. Boiling it takes the flavor out, I think but then I probably over boiled it.

@colover.  I always use waxed paper since there's some question about the safety of plastic wrap touching food cooked in the microwave.  I use waxed paper for many things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment