Honored Contributor

Any serving suggestions for this?

I wound up with two packages of this turkey.  Last week, I served it for dinner as open sandwiches with gravy.  Does anyone have other serving suggestions that might be dinner-worthy?  Thank you.

GUEST_08eef86f-c64f-44e9-a022-e0fe0de14bb4.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Any serving suggestions for this?

Hogie with veggies all over it!!

Contributor

If the slices are thin, it might not work, but there is an old Mr. Food recipe that I used to make when my kids were young.  It was quick and filling.  When turkey in the deli was on sale, I asked for thicker slices about 8 or so. Make a package of Stove Top Stuffing Mix(r) your choice (I like cornbread); add a small can of corndrained or 3/4 -1 cup frozen thawed, and some craisins to taste.  Place the mixture on a slice of turkey and roll up. Place in a baking dish. Use prepared turkey gravy and spoon on top.  Left over stuffing can go in a cupcake tin. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes give or take. Note: I am doing this by memory.  

I may make this for me and my DH this week!

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Penny 

YES - this is the same recipe my step daughter loves to make with deli turkey - and it's unexpectedly YUMMY!

Honored Contributor

Sliced up in a Chef's Salad.  

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Penny if the slices are thin, could you put turkey in muffin tin and top with stuffing mixture and gravy on top?

Frequent Contributor

How about a Turkey Club Sandwich (BLT with turkey)?

Honored Contributor

Maybe a panini ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

If it was not something you selected, I would toss.  Loaded with chemicals and salt.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

If it was not something you selected, I would toss.  Loaded with chemicals and salt.

Yes, it is and yet right about now, with food availability being limited for some folks, some of us are eating what we have... Down the road there will hopefully be plenty of time to be more healthful and choosy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...