Valued Contributor

Re: Air Fryer what do you make in yours?

In addition to frozen fries, I also have good luck w/reheating leftover pizza....nice and crisp crust.  I like to do baked potatoes also.  I use a little oil on them and sprinkle with sea salt.  As much as I like the "insides" being light and fluffy, I"m a big crisp crust "outside"....Love to put litle butter in the skins, s&p.....My favorite since childhood.  And the air fryer doesn't heat my kitchen during summer months. All positive with my Phillips Air Fryer.

Super Contributor

I have the Emeril which was the TSV.

So far I've made a meatloaf, bacon, steak, chicken legs, brussel sprouts with bacon, and cubed seasoned potatoes.  Everything came out perfect.  I haven't tried any frozen food.

Instead of the recipe cards what should have been included was a chart with cooking times and temps.  A chart would have been more helpful.

I love that the clean up is easy and so far I'm very happy with this purchase.  

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Frequent Contributor

I've made.......spring rolls.......(frozen).......Knish, and almost anything that is already cooked and fried.  Clams, shrimp, and any kind of fish.  WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IS:  Fresh SOFT SHELL CRAB...looking for a recipe, if you have any suggestions let me know, crab are expensive so I don't want to waste them...............and just this morning I purchased some beautiful PLUM TOMATOES......I'm gonna slice them in half, dredge in EVOO, salt and pepper, and a little bread crumbs.........cook on high till they appear roasted.......

My fryer was a gift and I was very apprehensive about it's use.  If you have been cooking for any length of me you will definitely adapt to this appliance.  It is wonderful.  Right along side of my pressure cooker I love it, and so does my husband.  EXPERIMENT your won't be disappointed.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter, especially, loves our Air Fryer.  The other night she made baked potatoes in there, a good idea for a hot day.

She likes to give little parties and serves good quality fancy frozen appetizers from the store which turn perfect when done in the air fryer instead of the oven.

Honored Contributor

I received mine yesterday and I made almond flour chicken strips, considering I had no idea what I was doing and the instructions really are not great, they came out great, crispy coating and the chicken was soft and tasty.

Tonight I am going to dry rub shrimp with out a coating, so we shall see

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I received mine yesterday and I made almond flour chicken strips, considering I had no idea what I was doing and the instructions really are not great, they came out great, crispy coating and the chicken was soft and tasty.

Tonight I am going to dry rub shrimp with out a coating, so we shall see

@I am still oxox tee hee your post made me laugh as I literally flung a bunch of chicken wings into the air fryer and let 'er rip . . . they were the best wings I had ever had . . . I am so glad your first try came out so well and I wish you many delicious air fried meals!

Honored Contributor

I just use it for french fries and egg rolls.

Honored Contributor

My husband just kind of took the air fryer over.  He likes it, fine. He even wants a larger one! LOL.  Anyway, I have 3 cookbooks on it.  When he's done playing with it, I'll see what I like to make in it.

Pinterest, has a lot on it, still checking on that. Got some good web sites to visit.  Just wanted to let others know, it's going over with flying colors here.

Honored Contributor

Fries, salmon, pizza rolls, tator tots........a long list.  It really is a great appliance.

Honored Contributor

How many servings does this make in general? I have a family of five at home and am not sure this would make sense for us since I picture myself having to use it twice to make French fries, for example. 

Thanks!