Honored Contributor

Air Fryer what do you make in yours?

I'm getting one, and I've got 2 cookbooks coming so we can hopefully, be eating healthier.  We do pretty good, but decided we'd like to see how this goes.

So, if you have one, what do you make in yours that you really like?

Respected Contributor

Re: Air Fryer what do you make in yours?

Nothing......don't really like it.

Honored Contributor

I just got mine and have been trying to use it every day to see if I like it.

So far, the only outstanding food items I really liked was hand cut French fries and wings.  I just cut potatoes into strips and sprayed them with olive oil.  They were good and crispy.  I made wings with no oil, they were good, but only 12 wing sections (6 wings) fit in there.  I don't have the rack to make double.  It takes about 25 minutes for each batch, so about 50 minutes for 12 whole wings.

My grandkids  liked cheese sticks and chicken fingers.  Cheese sticks cooked in about 4 minutes from frozen.

i made grilled cheese.... too dry.  

I was excited to receive it, but I am not too thrilled with it at all.  I have a Philips model.

it doesn't seem to be any better than my oven for most things.

i guess it depends on what you eat.  We don't really eat fish sticks or breaded chicken or other stuff that could be fried. It seems to be very drying for most foods.

i am afraid to put an expensive steak in there for fear of ruining it.

I too, would be interested in some recipes.  Since I don't have  accessory rack or pan, i can't make some things.  I did see the accessories on e-bay that were a really great price.  They were an after market brand.

Respected Contributor

I like Ore-Ita Mini Tator Tots. Put them in the airfryer 390 degrees for about 15-17 minitues.  It's a big hit for both adults and children.  They are not really healthy but they are really good.

Contributor

I did this on Tuesday and will make it again tonight.  I steamed cauliflower florets is a Systema bowl for 5 minutes. Drain the cauliflower, and drizzle with a tbls. of melted butter, seasoned bread crumbs and grated parmesan.  Shake everything together and cook in my airfryer for about 7-8 minutes at the max temperatire until the cauliflower got nice and crispy.  It was so delicious!

Trusted Contributor

I have made and liked:. boneless chicken breast, turkey tenderloins, burgers, mozzarella sticks, wings, rib eye steak, frozen french fries, small whole red potatoes.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

You can't beat it for rewarming pizza!

I also use it for hot dogs, french fries, toasted cheese sandwiches and some veggies. We use it almost every day. Love it.

Valued Contributor

I love bacon made in it, I make a pound every week in 2 batches 320 for 15 minutes.  I wrap the cooked bacon in paper towel and store in a zip lock bag in the fridge for the week.  I re-heat the bacon for 2 minutes on 320 anytime I want bacon... taste freshly made and so good!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

Ok! I'm anxious, to see what's what.  In about a week I can try it, then we'll see what we can make. I want regular (not packaged/preprepped food).  This is supposed to be lower in fat intake.  I hope healthier all the way around.  Think portion control will be effective too.  I think it'll be just the right size for what we need, w/o leftovers. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In addtion to the other great ideas, I love hot dogs and sausages grilled in one,  Nice crispy skins and if I am making a sausage you can throw in onions and peppers too, everything comes out great!