Respected Contributor

@drizzellla, I find that lasagna-Bolognese as well-and so many soups do indeed improve with age.

When I used to make lasagna, we found that cooking before freezing made a huge difference. Personally, I think the flavor is richer....

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

i totally agree with you drizzella. lasagna stuff shells all food like that is usually better day after its cooked.my wife made a chicken parm lasagna. instead of hamberger she made chicken parm cut it up and that was the meat layers then the rest was the usual sauce ricotta mozzarella. it was the best lasagna i ever had.

Esteemed Contributor

Either way would work.  I normally make a lasagna for a meal and then cut the leftovers up  in individual portions and freeze them.  If I'm going to have leftovers for a meal, I'll pull one container out the night before, put it in the fridge and then microwave it on a plate.  Tastes just as good, if not better, than the day I originally baked it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

For me, because everything is cooked already, there is no reason to cook it and then freeze it.  Because you're basically cooking it twice.

I would assemble and freeze and then cook.  Whether you thaw in the refrigerator or not is a personal choice.

I don't think it makes a difference.  We've always thawed it and it's fine.  We do this because it heats up faster.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN