• 1 clove garlic
  • 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 teaspoon greek seasoning
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt.
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add diced onion and cook until translucent. Add spinach and cook until heated through. Remove and let cool slightly.
  3. In a bowl combine spinach mixture, garlic, cottage cheese, feta, seasoning, nutmeg and salt.
  4. To assemble, lay two filo sheets vertically on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Take two more filo sheets and turn them so that they are at the 11:00 and 5:00 positions. Continue to arrange filo sheets in a clockwork fashion. Butter the tops of each new pair of filo dough as you go. When all sheets have been used, place spinach mixture in the center and spread out into a circle. Carefully fold phyllo over the edge of the spinach mixture allowing a majority of the center to be visible. Butter the edges. Bake for 25-30 or until edges are golden and center is set.

Next ingredient:  Rice

Honored Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2017 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife What is going on with your kitchen?  I must have missed the news? Hope it's something cool like remodeling but I hear ya. I hate being away from my kitchen. 

Next ingredient: rice

Honored Contributor

Chipotle Cilantro-Lime Rice (White or Brown) Copycat Recipe

Prep time
5 mins
Cook time
30 mins
Total time
35 mins

Serves: 6 servings

Ingredients
2 cups rice
4 cups water
1 lime, juiced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ bunch cilantro, minced

Instructions

Cook rice according to package directions. You can use the stove top or a rice cooker (I always cook my rice in a rice cooker).
Put lime juice, garlic clove, olive oil and salt in a cup and whisk with a fork.
Drizzle the lime juice mixture over rice and put minced cilantro on top. With a fork, mix the rice thoroughly so the rice is fluffy and all the lime dressing and cilantro are evenly incorporated.

IMG_4470.JPG

Next ingredient: Recipe with the word Paleo

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@RespectLife What is going on with your kitchen?  I must have missed the news? Hope it's something cool like remodeling but I hear ya. I hate being away from my kitchen. 

Next ingredient: rice

@GenXmuse

Building a new house!  We  sold fast and had to vacate our previous cuz the builder is 8 weeks behind. UGH!

In temporary housing now, with everything I own in storage!  I do have an OLD oven I can use in a itsy bitsy kitchen.  Been eating all the freezer stuff since I have no where really to cook...and nothing to cook with!

Should be closing on 8/18 finally.  Thanks for asking!

Pardon the interruption everyone!

Next Ingredient:

Recipe w/ Paleo

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2017 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

2 INGREDIENT PINEAPPLE COCONUT SORBET (PALEO, DAIRY-FREE, GF, VEGAN)

2 Ingredient Pineapple Coconut Sorbet (V, DF, Paleo): an easy, no-churn recipe for deliciously refreshing, healthy pineapple coconut sorbet! Paleo, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.

Author: Demeter | Beaming Baker

Recipe type: Frozen Desserts, Ice Cream, Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free

Serves: 8-16 servings (about 4 cups)

INGREDIENTS

• 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
  • 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.66 oz.)*
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Add pineapple, coconut milk and maple syrup (if using) to a blender or food processor.
  2. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
  3. Pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 10-60 minutes before scooping—this treat can take a while to thaw.** Enjoy!

NOTES

- Adapted from my Mango Coconut Vegan Ice Cream.
- *Do not chill coconut milk. Use room temperature canned coconut milk. Shake well to mix. Best when completely liquidy.
- **To quickly thaw, first ensure that ice cream is in a microwave-safe container. Microwave in 15-second increments until slightly soft and scoopable.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Before serving, allow to thaw for about 10-60 minutes. Scoop and enjoy!
- Nutrition Info: is an estimate based on 12 servings, without maple syrup.

PALEO is the new fad but here is the recipe I saved when I bought my Ninja.......

PINA COLADO SORBET

This is as easy as it looks.  used;

1 cup frozen pineapple chunks (cut up some fresh pineapple)

1/2 cup coconut juice, no sugar or additives

Blend, Freeze (not solid) until scoopable….that’s it!

Next ingredient:  Bananas

Regular Contributor
8 Servings

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
1/2 cup cold milk
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1 (8 oz.) carton Cool Whip, thawed
3 medium bananas, sliced
lemon juice
additional graham cracker crumbs (optional)

Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a spring-form pan; press mixture in the bottom of the pan.  In a large bowl, whisk sour cream and milk until blended.  Add pudding mix; whisk until pudding is dissolved. Gently fold Cool Whip into the mixture.  Spread half of mixture over the crust.  Dip banana slices in lemon juice.  Arrange bananas over mixture in the spring-form pan.  Spread remaining mixture over bananas.  Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate overnight or until firm.  To serve, remove collar from spring-form pan; cut into wedges.  For a fancier presentation, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of each serving, if desired.  Refrigerate leftovers.

Next Ingredient:  Peanut butter chips
Esteemed Contributor

Cookies for Two

1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
A pinch of cinnamon
2 Tablespoons shortening
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 Cup chocolate and/or peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix together the shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the tablespoon of beaten egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate/peanut butter chips.

Roll dough into four cookie balls and place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet (you can also bake them in two lightly greased tart pans, a muffin top pan, cupcake pan, whatever you desire). Flatten them slightly with your hand.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Enjoy!

Next ingredient:  Asparagus

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife So happy for you! I'm sure this temporary set back of a lackluster kitchen will be short-lived and you'll be enjoying your new kitchen soon.  It does make a difference. I was in an apartment before my kids and I moved to a house and trying to cook for us was a disaster!  The coils on the stove were warped and the floor was slanted so cooking on the stovetop became very challenging. Lol

Easy Roasted Ranch Asparagus

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 Tablespoon of Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing mix
2 bunches of asparagus
Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a bowl, mix the olive oil and dressing mix together.
Cut off the hard ends of the asparagus (1 inch to 2 inches) Add the asparagus to the bowl and mix well.
Spread the asparagus onto a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Check the asparagus to see if it is cooked all the way through. If it is thick asparagus you will need to cook it longer.
Serve and season with salt and pepper if desired.

My teenagers love this and well, I do too!

IMG_4537.JPG

Next Ingredient: BUTTERMILK

Honored Contributor

Thanks @GenXmuse !  I'm really looking forward to finally moving in.  Should be about another 2 weeks.  Then I have to unpack and find everything!!

Buttermilk Banana Bread

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup mashed ripe banana

6 tablespoons buttermilk

1 3/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 tsp. vanilla

optional for glaze:

1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1-2 teaspoons milk

Directions:

1. Grease and flour a big loaf pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350° F.

2. First cream the butter in a bowl with a hand mixer for a bit, then add the sugar and whisk until well incorporated and creamy. Mix eggs in. Add mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and buttermilk and mix the batter well

3. Now add flour, baking powder, salt and soda and mix on very slow speed until blended, then move on to a higher speed for a minute.

4. Put the batter into the loaf pan and then into the oven. Bake for approx. 60 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, it is ready.

5. Get the loaf pan out of the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes. Then run a knife along the edges and loosen the bread. Put it out of the pan and onto a rack to cool completely. If you want you can decorate the cake with a little bit of glaze - just mix powdered sugar and the milk bit by bit until you have the consistency you like.

NEXT INGREDIENT:

QUINOA

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife The countdown is on! But yes, you still have a lot to contend with getting everything unpacked and organized! But at least to me, that's more enjoyable than packing!

Healthy Broccoli Quinoa Casserole 

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup quinoa
1 head broccoli, cut into florets and finely chopped
2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1/3 cup Panko*
3 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts (don't always add if I want a side dish, I just add more Quinoa and broccoli)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups 2% milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/3 cup Greek yogurt

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.

In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Within the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli on top and steam until cooked through.

Heat 1 tablespoon olive in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Panko and cook, stirring, until browned and toasted, about 3 minutes; set aside.

Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.

Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in quinoa, broccoli, chicken, 1 cup cheese and Greek yogurt; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with Panko, if desired.

IMG_4538.JPG

Next Ingredient:  Recipe with SOUTHERN in it or is from the south