Respected Contributor

Re: ANOTHER (Hamburger) MEAT Question ...

Please check your question out on line.  From what I read, if you candefrost the frozen meat in the refrigerator, repackage and refreeze it uncooked.

Comments were made that doing so my affect quality of the meat, but it is safe to use.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@RinaRina  I'm curious as to why you put the meat in the freezer for 15 minutes? You could make meatballs they go over big, and freeze well.

=========================================

I only do it if I've stood in line a long time at the grocery store.

The store I went to yesterday has 5 check out registers, but there's usually only ONE cashier working.  They have no express and no self-check out.

It never fails, that one line is always long and extends to the back of the store.

Yeah, they're short-staffed -- but that's just the way it is.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

See explantion above.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@RinaRina Why do you put the meat in the freezer for 15 minutes? Never heard of doing this and wonder why.

Cook the meat and then refreeze it. This is perfectly safe.

=========================

See explanation above.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm just gonna cook it and freeze the patties.

THANKS, everyone!

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina Sounds like a good plan!

Honored Contributor

Your meat questions have been surprising!

If I want burgers, I make them immediately, wrap in a single layer, and freeze.   The meat I wrap and freeze in solid packs are used only for spaghetti sauce, chili, tacos, etc.   

I make meatloaf with just bought ground meat, never frozen, as thawed meat has a wetter consistency which affects the loaf firmness.   

Good luck with eating a frozen, precooked burger patty.   I don't like the taste of a refrigerated hamburger patty I had yesterday, so heating a frozen one is definitely a big no.