1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup light brown sugar... packed
1 egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans

Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices. Blend in brown sugar.
Combine egg, buttermilk, and butter. Add to flour mixture, stirring to blend well. Stir in chopped nuts.

Turn batter into a greased and floured 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350* for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Honored Contributor

Sounds yummy, I'd love some with my coffee right now!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@LilBitMissty I made this this morning and it is so good.  When making it I forgot the sugar so had to put it in at the end and use my hands to work through the bread.  It may have made it a little denser but still oh so good.  I will make this again soon.  Thanks for the wonderful recipe.

Trusted Contributor

@m0rgan...Hi. I am so glad to hear you tried and liked it. This bread will be a bit dense. I always enjoyed it with a cup of coffee. Thank You for posting feedback. It is much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi @LilBitMissty

It's been a longtime!  Yum, sounds delicious!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Trusted Contributor

@chicagoan... Oh my goodness!!  So good to see you!  It's been a long time! I have thought about you often. Hope everything has gone well with you! Hope to see more of you on the board!

Valued Contributor

Aww... thank you @LilBitMissty, I think of you and all your wonderful posts.  I wonder often what some of the posters from years ago are doing?  I snoop around and still enjoy your posts!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

@LilBitMissty I just made this and it's a keeper!

Comes together quickly with only a spoon, no need to drag out the mixer. By the time my oven was preheated, batter was ready to hit the bread pan.

Good to see you posting again!

Valued Contributor

I made it again, we love it.

Trusted Contributor

@m0rgan...Hi again dear. I am so happy you made it again and love it!! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for you feedback! I truly appreciate it!