Honored Contributor

Re: 26 of the worst cooking fails of 2016

@Anita Hug wrote:

These are so funny.

I had a recent cooking fail, but not sure if I should post a pic of it here or start a new thread for our own kitchen fails?    I found out what happens when you add purple carrots to a pot of chicken noodle soup... 

@Anita Hug I know exactly what you are talking about with those carrots . . . I'd love to see a picture if you have a moment . . . Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

As requested.  I couldn't believe my eyes, LOL.  That's what I get for wanting to try something new.  There wasn't enough veggies in the soup before, so I tossed in the purple carrots just before adding the pasta.  Little did I know that those carrots would dye everything in the pot. Purple pasta, purple chicken, purple onions and celery, purple broth.   It looked nasty, but it tasted great.  My family said it would be perfect to serve on Halloween, LOL!     

There was more broth than the pic shows - I was in the process of ladling it into freezer containers when I decided to get a picture of it. Yes, we had to endure leftovers of this:

1111162024.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Anita Hug wrote:

As requested.  I couldn't believe my eyes, LOL.  That's what I get for wanting to try something new.  There wasn't enough veggies in the soup before, so I tossed in the purple carrots just before adding the pasta.  Little did I know that those carrots would dye everything in the pot. Purple pasta, purple chicken, purple onions and celery, purple broth.   It looked nasty, but it tasted great.  My family said it would be perfect to serve on Halloween, LOL!     

There was more broth than the pic shows - I was in the process of ladling it into freezer containers when I decided to get a picture of it. Yes, we had to endure leftovers of this:

1111162024.jpg

Oh my goodness @Anita Hug can you hear me laughing all the way by you? . . . so funny and I instantly remembered when this happened to me too.  It was a pof of chicken and rice.  I had run out of regular carrots so I tossed one of those in there . . . I can't even imagine what my face must have looked like when I lifted that lid . . . again, so funny.  Thank you so much for sharing! . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Anita Hug wrote:

These are so funny.

I had a recent cooking fail, but not sure if I should post a pic of it here or start a new thread for our own kitchen fails?    I found out what happens when you add purple carrots to a pot of chicken noodle soup... 

Aww, @Anita Hug.

Don't feel bad! I have had some cooking mishaps happen to me over the years.

I love your purple chicken and noodles, though! I guess that I never would have thought that the carrots would have turned everything purple, either. 

I'm glad that it turned out good, and that your family enjoyed it. Smiley Happy