Respected Contributor

Angel used to always take the time to give sizing information of the models, but I've noticed that lately, this has been omitted.  Also, I was watching the presentation of the new Bohemian top and while the models sizing wasn't addressed, Angel stated that she was wearing her "normal size, 1X".  Recently she said she was wearing her "normal size, XL".  I usually am okay ordering my normal size Medium in QF tops, but I still like to hear sizing information.  I especially wanted to hear sizing information on the Bohemian top, because it looked fine on Maria and Angel, but looked tight on Donna. I just wish it was required that sizing information be given during presentations...it would likely lower the number of returns.

Honored Contributor

Re: QF Presentations and Sizing

This is just my thinking on Angel's sizing, she lost weight before she married, but I think she has gained it back and is now back to wearing a 1x, and I'm pretty sure Maria (black hair) wears a 1x.

Honored Contributor

@Hootywrote:

This is just my thinking on Angel's sizing, she lost weight before she married, but I think she has gained it back and is now back to wearing a 1x, and I'm pretty sure Maria (black hair) wears a 1x.

I agree! It's misleading to not explain when offering sizing suggestions. 

And the over embellishments do not look good on anyone!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Hootywrote:

@Hooty  I agree with you and have noticed the same thing.  That being said, though, Angel has always (at no matter what weight) vascillated between two sizes, depending on the garment and its cut (as do I actually).  When she was thinner, it was between L and XL and now it's back up again to between XL and 1X.   However, I think this helps to make @Trudey 's point.  We need to know the sizes the models are wearing (and host if she has it on too).  

Honored Contributor

If you look at the "click here" measurements, you'll find little difference between the 1X and the XL.  I've often wondered why they bother with the XL.  I've even seen instances where the XL was larger than the 1X. 

What I don't understand is all the different XS sizes and now theyre adding another one.  Look at any clothing item that has been around awhile and all you see are left over XS sizes.  There are late-night clearance shows that are nothing but XS sizes.  On the other hand, there are often not enough plus sizes to fill the demand and they rarely appear on clearance.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I watch every QF show (record them, too) and I think Angel does a great job of pointing out the height of each model and the size they're wearing.  Also how different pant lengths fit on each model.  I suppose there are some times when things get distracted and off-track, but in general she really does try to give all the information the customer needs.  Even mentioning if a particular item is "closer fitting" or a "relaxed fit", so that you'll know whether to size up or down.

If I don't hear the information I need, I check online for the fitting guide.  They even have a chart that specifies the exact measurements of the garment (sleeve length, chest measurement, length, etc.).  That can help you decide which size to order.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, I , too, have noticed the same thing on the sizing for XL & 1X, I wear a 1X, and am afraid to order the XL for fear it will not fit!

Honored Contributor

@Veneziawrote:

I watch every QF show (record them, too) and I think Angel does a great job of pointing out the height of each model and the size they're wearing.  Also how different pant lengths fit on each model.  I suppose there are some times when things get distracted and off-track, but in general she really does try to give all the information the customer needs.  Even mentioning if a particular item is "closer fitting" or a "relaxed fit", so that you'll know whether to size up or down.

If I don't hear the information I need, I check online for the fitting guide.  They even have a chart that specifies the exact measurements of the garment (sleeve length, chest measurement, length, etc.).  That can help you decide which size to order.

@Venezia  With regard to your second paragraph, I have come to find that not only are the Click measurements not always accurate (that's an understatement!) but I'm getting to think that they don't always customize the chart to the particular item, but use a generic one - at least at times.   Anyway, bottom line is the Click measurements can't be trusted. Many of us longtime QVC clothes shoppers know that we can even order the same size of the same item in two different colors and they'll fit differently.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I guess it's different for everyone.  I've been shopping with QVC for over 25 years and for the most part I have no problem getting the right size.

The one exception is for shoes.  I no longer (or at least rarely) order those from QVC.  Although, now with the free exchange (I've tried it and it works), if I saw a pair of shoes that I really loved at a good price, I'd give them a try.