Respected Contributor

has qvc always kept their shipping charge to a customer if they return an item?

i purchased a product and had to return said item.  I paid the postage at my local post office and qvc will not refund the total price.  The q does not refund my shipping they charged me on the front end.  Is this standard, I will gomto jcpenney or amazon from now on..........

Contributor

QVC's return policy is a farse.  On some items they chearge $3.00 to shipping but on return it is $6.95.  then is you call they tell you you can go to the PO and pay your return fee.

The purpose of shopping on line is convenience so to send back an item on line and get charged more than you spent is a fraud.

I returned three items this week.   LOGO Vest that was like a dishcloth,  Philosophy vials of scent, that was not worth $10.00 each,  Almost $50 00 for skinny sticks of scent in a roll on.

I am lookng elsewhere like Evine to shop.  HSN is now part of the QVC group so expect the same from them.

the quality of a lot of QVC's items has dropped and the prices have gone up.  Susan Graver,  almost every top is $49.95.  Ridiculous.

TATA  Qvc.   By the way some of the Hosts are so into themselves.  Kierten on the weekends,  she poses with everything.  The really thinks she is all that and a bag of chips.   Hello.

Contributor

Yes, it sure is.  They changed their S/H pricing for most products a few years ago and with it came other changes - no 1/2 price S/H on the second, third, fourth, etc. of the same item number and no refund of original shipping charges.

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

has qvc always kept their shipping charge to a customer if they return an item?

i purchased a product and had to return said item.  I paid the postage at my local post office and qvc will not refund the total price.  The q does not refund my shipping they charged me on the front end.  Is this standard, I will gomto jcpenney or amazon from now on..........

You are correct, @Boomernichols. Q does not refund the original shipping charge. For many years, they did refund the shipping fee, but the policy changed several years ago. Now the original shipping fee is not refunded if you return the item.

Trusted Contributor

@Boomernichols you would know this if you've been shopping with QVC for a while.  I believe other online stores do that also.

Contributor

I recently ordered four different items of clothing (all from different vendors,brands) and they came shipped to me in one bag!  However the shipping charges were charged on each item!!!  Is this even legal?  Whatt a DEAL for QVC-that is like robbery if you ask me.  I'm done ordering now period!

Respected Contributor

Since they reduced their shipping charges , i am okay with it , try sending something back for $3 , it isn't happening , i sent a beauty item back to Evine thinking i would save some money by sending it myself , it was $8.75 postal , their label was $7.95 , so depending on weight $6.95 isn't always too bad. But i do agree it bugs me when they send everything in one box even if they are all separate order numbers and then charge each item shipping.

Honored Contributor

Re: return policy

[ Edited ]

When you buy something from Q you are charged shipping. If you return that item you do not get back the charge for shipping to you. Q turns around & also charges you a fee to return the item. You are out original shipping cost to you plus the charge to ship it back. Big rip-off IMO. Q's making money on shipping costs.

You can still buy from places that will put all your orders in 1 box with 1 shipping charge which you get back if you return the items & you are only out return shipping. Those are the places I'm shopping with first.

If Q wants to charge shipping on each item each item should come in it's own packaging. Order your items at different times so they cannot make money off of you by putting all your orders in 1 package.

They also ship items that should be shipped in a box not a bag as to not damage or mush the item during shipping.

Super Contributor

If you go to Evine, they will keep the original shipping just like the Q.  I have shopped there for years purchasing Isomers.  You will pay full shipping for every item, and they will ship many together to save themselves shipping costs.

The only way you will get a full return and not pay return shipping, is if there is something wrong with the item.  The only shopping network that doesn't keep your original shipping when you return something is HSN.

Valued Contributor

This is by no means fraud.  There were many notices sent regarding this.  It is online as well as on the return labels.  It would be some kind of fraud if it was not disclosed.