Frequent Contributor

Re: "On Holiday Morning" phrase

Yes there would be a holiday morning without Christmas for those of us who do not celebrate Christmas. For me it would be Hanukkah which happened well before Christmas. QVC has spent the past 6 months pushing Christmas to the exclusion of almost anything else. Acknowledging other holidays won't hurt those who celebrate Christmas. I am offended by your premise.

Trusted Contributor

@mormel20I agree with you 100%. Stop changing the name of a special czy

@mormel20I agree... if you are offended by Christmas by all means don't celebrate it then. But please don't change the name. Where did all of this nonsense start? It is celebration of the birth of Christ... Suppose this will get deleted... Sad but true. What do you of those are appalled

@mormel20I absolutely agree with you 100%. People are decorating, buying gifts etc. but deny saying Christmas... It is the birth of Christ....Hypocritical in my mind.

!because someone may be offended. It's Christmas!!

Honored Contributor

You need to let the ones in charge at QVC know how you feel. How will they know if no one tells them. @Junebug54

Honored Contributor

.....yet I need to be cautious about a menorah in my window or Hanukkah decor on my door? Being in the majority must feel safe to many.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50Christmas was first celebrated in AD 336 but Hanukkah has also been around a mighty long time. I don't think Christians can claim exclusivity to the holidays. Anyone can celebrate anything they want anytime they choose. It can be just as meaningful to them as Christmas is to you.

The origins of Hanukkah Hanukkah commemorates a historical event that took place in Jerusalem in the 2nd century BCE, when the Seleucid Greek empire was the ruling power.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Hey, wish me Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, I would wish it right back to you! And say Thank You. I believe there are very very few people who take offense to any Merry wishes. When and who started the myth that we couldn't say Christmas? Untrue.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

.....yet I need to be cautious about a menorah in my window or Hanukkah decor on my door? Being in the majority must feel safe to many.

I'm sorry you feel that you need to be cautious. My ancestors were persecuted for their beliefs so since they paved the way for me to practice and celebrate my religion, I make sure to not shy from dong so.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t see a problem saying “Christmas morning” followed by Hanukkah, Kwanza, or whatever you celebrate. 90% celebrate Christmas, so it’s understandable it takes precedence.

************************************************************************************************

I think we have evolved, and realize we have to be more inclusive, and most are doing that. Including QVC. The hosts do include all holidays celebrated.

Respected Contributor

Happy Festivus for the rest of us!!

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Honored Contributor

@On ItHi, Smiley Happy

I read this the other day. I didn't realize there were so many.

"From 1 November to 15 January there are approximately 29 holidays observed by 7 of the world’s major religions."

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.