Honored Contributor

Re: "Free Exchanges" - Beware

@Tantallum wrote:

@Graciea wrote:

I recently bought two pair of Isaac Mizrahi jeans. I bought the regular length. When I got them home, I realized that they were a little bit too short so I sent them in for a "free exchange". I just went into my account and saw that I was given a refund and charged for shipping. I went online and chatted with a customer service person who told me that since the item number was different for the tall sizes, the "free exchange" rule did not apply. What? They must say 50 times a day that if something doesn't fit, you can exchange it for free. They say nothing about the item number being the same. It's not my fault that they assigned a different item number to talls than they do to regulars. I think it's very deceptive and unfair. 

WOW, that is really shady.  Hiding behind the fact that talls have a different item number.  What a scam

@Tantallum  I don't think it's a scam at all.  Somebody set a new policy who was not thoroughly familiar with the way items are numbered.  They will recognize that their system is flawed and work through it to be fair to everyone.  Not everything is perfect the first time it's tried. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

Why do I believe that OP will have her account corrected, but thousands of other QVC customers won't.  To me, if they don't catch this error, what they say on air is flat our fraud!  I've heard hosts say you could exchange for a different length!  You just can't trust what QVC says any longer.

What they state is that you can exchange it for same item but different size or color.

It's also written on the page explaining returns and exchanges.  "For an exchange, simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size."

I have heard many hosts say that if you get the item home and decide the regular length is too short and you need the tall, you can exchange it for free.  I've heard the same thing about petites if offered. 

It would make sense that the item number has to be the same otherwise, I can only imagine what some people would do.  However, they should offer all pants that come in varying lengths under the same item number.

Yesterday I was watching Leah on Q2 presenting Isaac's 24/7 pants and they came in regular, tall and petite.  There weren't 3 item numbers that popped up.  It appeared they were under the same item number.  As the pants were presented, Leah kept mentioning the different lengths and the size availability for the 3 lengths was running across the bottom of the screen.  There is noway one would have known each length was under a different item number.  

Honored Contributor

This new policy requires extra vigilence and a call to C.S., just like sending back a defective item does.  Virtually all of my shopping is done on TV or online due to lack of stores in my area.  I just don't buy problem items anymore, like pants and jeans.  I'm not up for all this extra bookkeeping. 

Respected Contributor

I only clothing if it is offered in Petite and it is ALWAYS a different item number.  You never see the petite sizes offered on the same page online as the regular.  Been like that forever.

That being said I think they should allow you to exchange without a charge. I think the computers are not set up to know if something is the same item but a different length. Probably something they need to adjust in their computers if they want to offer free exchanges of the same item but a different item number.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tantallum wrote:

@Graciea wrote:

I recently bought two pair of Isaac Mizrahi jeans. I bought the regular length. When I got them home, I realized that they were a little bit too short so I sent them in for a "free exchange". I just went into my account and saw that I was given a refund and charged for shipping. I went online and chatted with a customer service person who told me that since the item number was different for the tall sizes, the "free exchange" rule did not apply. What? They must say 50 times a day that if something doesn't fit, you can exchange it for free. They say nothing about the item number being the same. It's not my fault that they assigned a different item number to talls than they do to regulars. I think it's very deceptive and unfair. 

WOW, that is really shady.  Hiding behind the fact that talls have a different item number.  What a scam

@Tantallum  I don't think it's a scam at all.  Somebody set a new policy who was not thoroughly familiar with the way items are numbered.  They will recognize that their system is flawed and work through it to be fair to everyone.  Not everything is perfect the first time it's tried. 

True, but people who work there are paid well and should be thorough and have thought of it before the new policy was started!  Tired of excuses.  In this day and age people have to do their job right the first time.  I get so frustrated when i have to make phone calls to fix something because someone else did not do their job right!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was wondering....they say in the promo that "if you use our return label"....does that mean they charge you for the return label postage but NOT the postage to ship out your return order? That would mean you still are getting a charge for postage back to Q but FREE return postage......hence "free returns" Anybody have a return yet and can check this? The wording is kinda iffy.

Respected Contributor

I think QVC should vet new customer policies with a group representing said customers. There are situations mentioned in this thread that the implementers of this free exchange policy obviously never thought of.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I was wondering....they say in the promo that "if you use our return llabel"....does that mean they charge you for the return label postage but NOT the postage to ship out your return order? That would mean you still are getting a charge for postage back to Q but FREE return postage......hence "free returns" Anybody have a return yet and can check this? The wording is kinda iffy.

No they don't charge you the return label fee. That's why you have to use their return label.  If you return on our own, they will not reimburse you the return shipping charge.

Regular Contributor

"Q" is fast going down the tubes as far as I am concerned.....