Frequent Contributor

I recently bought two pair of Isaac Mizrahi jeans. I bought the regular length. When I got them home, I realized that they were a little bit too short so I sent them in for a "free exchange". I just went into my account and saw that I was given a refund and charged for shipping. I went online and chatted with a customer service person who told me that since the item number was different for the tall sizes, the "free exchange" rule did not apply. What? They must say 50 times a day that if something doesn't fit, you can exchange it for free. They say nothing about the item number being the same. It's not my fault that they assigned a different item number to talls than they do to regulars. I think it's very deceptive and unfair. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "Free Exchanges" - Beware

I was wondering how that new "free exchange" policy was going to work.  Not good,  I see. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is deceptive - and that's why I no longer believe them nor shop for clothing at the Q.  I think lots of us have learned our lesson the hard way.   $$$$$$$$$$

Honored Contributor

@Graciea  That just seems wrong.  See if the social team help you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Graciea wrote:

I recently bought two pair of Isaac Mizrahi jeans. I bought the regular length. When I got them home, I realized that they were a little bit too short so I sent them in for a "free exchange". I just went into my account and saw that I was given a refund and charged for shipping. I went online and chatted with a customer service person who told me that since the item number was different for the tall sizes, the "free exchange" rule did not apply. What? They must say 50 times a day that if something doesn't fit, you can exchange it for free. They say nothing about the item number being the same. It's not my fault that they assigned a different item number to talls than they do to regulars. I think it's very deceptive and unfair. 

I was wondering if there was a catch to the "free exchange".  I always knew you don't get something for nothing. How discouraging for a Q customer. Encourage the customer to buy knowing you are telling half truths. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with the OP.  I've always thought it stinks that you get charged for each item when you order two of the same thing,  It's the same item number just a different color yet I still get charged.  Doesn't make sense.

Respected Contributor

I think if you call back again and perhaps get a different, more knowledgeable representative you may get a better solution and your shipping credited back to your account.  If not, I would request to speak to a supervisor.  This is an exchange, not a different purchase.  I think since this is a new policy, some reps aren't up to snuff with the ins and outs and she just gave you a canned response.  I'll bet you can get this fixed.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't expect a free exchange for a different item number, BUT I also wouldn't have expected a different item number for a different length - not from a company which offers plus sizes for the same item number and cost as they sell smaller sizes.

I know that's done over and over and over at other companies because I paid the price of a 1X lots of times.  And that price is not QVC's $6.95 for shipping -  it's routinely $10.

Honored Contributor

I've heard them say numerous time that the exchange has to be for the same item number but it's unusual for the different length to have its own number.  I have a feeling they didn't think of this possibility when they set the new policy.  I'd contact the mods and see if they could help. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I'll give that a try in the morning. Thanks