Super Contributor

Re: "Christmas in July"...starts in ....MAY?!!??!?

@RetRN , Say it ain't so!  I won't be watching.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Chirstmas in July"...starts in ....MAY?!!??!?

I noticed my son had Christmas bags that he opened and they are still in the bags, There are many items he might regift. I think he's given me multi flashlights back. 
  Postage is higher now and unless it's free and different I won't shop much. 
   Kids don't care and want $. 
          🙄 😬 👚👖🧤🧦🎄

Frequent Contributor

BRAVO!!
Super Contributor

I refuse to watch any Christmas shows until November. I agree they should have had the Christmas clearance AFTER Christmas not now. I think it's sickening. Why doesn't the Q just sell Christmas all year long??? They might as well.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Qvcmeow wrote:
I knew the CIJ complaining was going to start soon...geez . I did understand the May shows coming, but it does make sense that they do want to clear old inventory. However, they should have had a large clearance in January. They did a show or two, but they could have done more to get rid of their stock of old well before they bring in the new.

There is nothing wrong with not liking Christmas shows or Q spending months trying to clear out last year's inventory. We'll see more of the same new stuff this fall since Q pretty much sells the same things week after week, year after year.

Yes, businesses clear out inventory. Every other business  marks them down to true clearance prices...but not Q. In addition, the vast majority of what Q sells can be found elsewhere for less money. 

Respected Contributor

they should only air what i like when i like

because i am special

~~today may be my last.....i choose JOY!~~
Respected Contributor

The two shows on Q2 May 31st are called "Christmas Clearance Blowout", so while I may not watch live, I'll check out the offerings to see if there's anything I'm interested in at a reasonable price.  I have absolutely no problem planning and shopping early.

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen   Sooo  funny!!  And soooo true!!  Keep 'em comin'  Thanks for the lol!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Q really needs to know how to blowout clearance it.  How about slashing prices the week after Christmas and go till it's gone?  Let's pay to keep it in inventory another six months, reduce it $2 and hope there are buyers.  I'll be reducing my Christmas decor in HALF.  I have some lovely things but don't need several totes filled with it.  

Years ago I bought a really cute snowman, then all of a sudden, family, friends went overboard with snowman stuff.  I wanted 1 or 2 cute snowmen for winter, not 2 dozen snowmen.  Advised family.  NO More please. Although I don't technically collect anything, I still have too much stuff.  

Contributor

I just checked the program guide. There aren't any Christmas shows listed for May 31. I also checked the 29th and 30th, and none.  Sorry to disappoint those looking forward to  them.