Valued Contributor

Re: "Christmas in July"...starts in ....MAY?!!??!?

Cheers for that, @Othereeeen. Love you. Wanna hang out?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen wrote:

Just saw  that May 31, Q2 will have TWO Christmas show.s....

Early warning in case you'll be needing a second mortgage for batteries....dont' say I didn't warn you!!!

Looks like these shows will be unloading last year's stuff before the real push for Christmas in July starts in...

JUNE!!! 

Wonder if they'll drop the price on THIS beauty....I want six for my gift closet.....

Holiday Traditions Illuminated Glitter Tree by Valerie, 1 of 7

Oh my goodness you are right.  I do need a second mortgage for batteries.  Bwah ahahahahahahahahaha   I just started packing away a bunch of candles. I am sick of buying batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS===OOPS I MEAN QVC SHOPPERS.  There will be no blue light specials this year.

Super Contributor

I knew the CIJ complaining was going to start soon...geez . I did understand the May shows coming, but it does make sense that they do want to clear old inventory. However, they should have had a large clearance in January. They did a show or two, but they could have done more to get rid of their stock of old well before they bring in the new.
Respected Contributor

I enjoy CIJ, not for hundreds of purchases, but for ideas.  BUT......

@Othereeeen  you are quite funny.  You always give me a laugh.  The gift closet (yes, I have a shelf).  One year, one of the hosts actually said she would like to gift a favorite teacher a D&B handbag.  Get a few for the gift closet.  🤣

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I avoid Christmas shows, music, and movies. I'd be happy if we went from black Friday to New Year's Day.

I do enjoy getting together with family and Christmas Mass. But that's it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just to add another twist to this post, when I had visited the QVC outlet a few weeks ago, they had TONS of Christmas stuff from last year's shows.  I didn't see one person buying any of it, much less even looking at it,  as it was displayed in the rear section of the store. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella 

Dont' worry....they're dragging it all back to "the warehouse" to be put on air again in the next few weeks...

Gotta wring every drop out of that hokey stuff before this year's cornball stuff rolls in...

If you follow a tractor trailer down the PA Turnpike, and it's leaving a trail of swirling glitter, you'll know where it's headed!!!

If I see that snow globe thing from my first post one more time lined up on a table with Valerie's fluttering hands hovering over it THIS year, I will go insane.

It seems like EVERY time I switch to the Q from May to December during comm. breaks in other programs...there it is!!!!

It started over 60 bucks, now reduced to 25....if they bring it down to 4.00 and THEY pay the tax and to ship it to me....I still wouldn't!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Chirstmas in July"...starts in ....MAY?!!??!?

@hkrgrl wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

Serious question or thought...

Do you think the hosts have to start anti-anxiety medication in May so that by, say, October, when they've been selling Christmas in July stuff for 5 months already, they can keep up the Happy Happy Joy Joy until the big day?!?!??!?

Here.....We....Go....!!!

Extraordinary Offerings Incoming!!!!

1) Resin statues in garish colors...pigeon toes turned in, sly smile, eyes that follow you across the room as if they know some scandalous secret about you....weatherproof!!! ( for one season at least....) 10 "D" batteries each...Timer for 6 hours a night or until your liqour runs out...

2) 1000 dollar color changing Christmas Trees with 10,000 lights and easy On/Off Foot pedal and 100 function remote. Using 10 "D" batteries.....!!!Buy one for your foyer and at least one for each kids room!!!

3) Red Truck motifs and Snoopy Throws.....you know...the stuff only a 85 year old "remembers" from thier youth....no kid today has ANY IDEA what a "red truck" signifies...

4) 500 ball count of Lindt chocolate in 20 different made up flavors...they all taste about the same...but the wrappers are NEW for 2024!!

5) Whole Christmas Dinners by Corky's, Rastelli's, Kansas City .....giant piece of grisltly meat, sides made of five cents worth of spinach or elbow noodles for 99.00 ( less than 100 dollars!!!!) and some kind of spud mystery made of potato culls and covered in some kind of mystery "sauce"....Delicious....buy the whole meal for 250 bucks!!!!

6) Green Head Lobsters.....apply for loan at QVC.com. Available on 30 easy pays. Pay tomorrow for what you ...well, you know...in the toilet.....

7) Gag Gifts for your Gift Closet!!!! PooPouri....Throws by the dozen....glittery stuff by Valerie and of course...new and exciting stuff from KG coming this fall....( have a feeling it'll be glittery, gnomy, garlandy or color changing....take your pick!!!)

8) Speaking of "picks"....over priced plastic fake greenery to put in your Christmas Tree just so !!!  Make it look SO old timey!!!

9) Heating pads....Slippers....and ...wait for it....PAJAMAS by the tractor trailer load....matchy matchy for Christmas morning pix with the family!!! ( If Dad has come home from Christmas eve with his young girlfriend and  if Mom has sobered up!!!)

10 )Last but not least.......drum roll.....CABIN SOCKS!!!!  The horrible polyester knee highs that make your feet sweat and completely un-bond first washing.... but they DO have 'grippies" so you won't break your neck on the way to the oven to take out the Rastelli Roast Gristle and Sides made of wallpaper paste.

Think of the time you can spend with your family while this delictious glop cooks!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!  so true!!!!!!!!  

so much junk, so bad for the enviroment as it winds up in the trash and takes 100+ years to break down!!!!  

what a wonderful world we are leaving for the next 10 generations, if the Earth lasts that long.

think before you buy Smiley Happy

@hkrgrl  so very funny and true !   Thanks for the laugh 🤣 

Respected Contributor

I do not watch Q2 or 3 or any other qvc channel but the main one, and the main one I watch sparingly.  But will be watching when CIJ comes on.  Nice change from the boring programing the Q usually shows.