Trusted Contributor

QVC  if you are not going to do the live shows from midnight to 7am, why can't you at least show a variety of programming instead of the ysv for about 6 hours continuously. , or pretape shpos to be seen at this time. We are consistently told by hosts that there are thousands of items online that are never shown on air. I really question your ability to maske good decisions anymore. wake up, you are quicklyalienating you loyal customers. 

Honored Contributor

I never have had issues with what is shown and don't complain about QVC's choices in programming like some but showing the TSV continuously for the overnight hours makes absolutely no sense.  If showing pretaped presentions then at least show  a different prerecorded show each hour.  I know I have ordered many things from early morning (1-5 am) over the years from checking in off and on  during those hours.  This definitely will result in my making less purchases.  As @webbgarner1   mentioned, this would be a great time to tape shows featuring some of the items never shown on air.    

Esteemed Contributor

Don't they show mostly pre-recorded shows on Q2 and Q3?  And now, on Q1 also?  Seems lazy to me.  That, and they don't have to pay as many staff if all they show is reruns.  I understand why they do it... even tho it makes us,  their once-loyal customers, unhappy.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you fully.  If you need to show prerecored show show other that maybe someone missed out on.

Are these pre recorded programs permanent?  I was hoping they were redoing the studio or something  and it was just temporary.

If it's permanent I'm surprised they didnt' wait until after the Christmas season.

Honored Contributor

@lisanj wrote:

Are these pre recorded programs permanent?  I was hoping they were redoing the studio or something  and it was just temporary.

If it's permanent I'm surprised they didnt' wait until after the Christmas season.

@lisanj 

No, they are not permanent.  It's a "trial" period of about four weeks, if I remember correctly.  I'm sure someone else has the exact date that live programming will resume.

Super Contributor

I was shocked to see that they are doing this.  I often wake up in the middle of the night and do a Q check.  I've bought many fashion clearance items in the pre-dawn hours.  If they are going to do recorded shows, at least do a variety, not the same thing for 5 hours.  I am retired, but there are many others who are up early getting ready for work  and would appreciate early morning programming.

Super Contributor

The man who pushes the DVR buttons is the new QVC.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @tototwo !  I think it’s all about the expense of paying live bodies in the overnight hours.

In my experience in business, when top line sales slow or stop, the company goes into cost-cutting mode in an effort to maintain or grow profitability.  The folly of this is that one can only cut costs so far without a radical change in business model.  The key is to get the top line growing again.  IMHO, 6 hours of reruns ain’t gonna do it.

Respected Contributor

To me it signals that QVC is no longer innovative and dynamic and has settled for stale and tired.