Valued Contributor

If you delay my shipment I should be able to cancel!!!

I'm am done with QVC. I have canceled all my A/D items. I have delay after delay on shipments. Yet I cannot cancel the item. I am done with poor service. I don't even want the items now. If you can't ship it let me cancel it.
Honored Contributor

Re: If you delay my shipment I should be able to cancel!!!

@jlrbr Allrighty then.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@jlrbr Allrighty then.

I agree you should be able to cancel.

Honored Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
I'm am done with QVC. I have canceled all my A/D items. I have delay after delay on shipments. Yet I cannot cancel the item. I am done with poor service. I don't even want the items now. If you can't ship it let me cancel it.

Makes no sense.  You "canceled all my A/D items ... Yet I cannot cancel the item."  You either can or can't.  And if you're addressing QVC, you might be better off sending a letter.  I doubt they will get your message on the forums.

Valued Contributor

It makes perfect sense if you read it. A/D are auto delivery items dated for future shipment. Like uh, December, January.
Delayed items are currently or recently ordered items, that are delayed. As in not going to be here by the EDD.
And I did just get off the telephone with QVC. Duh.......
Valued Contributor

Why the snarky comments? This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. If they can’t get it together to ship why can’t it be canceled?
Honored Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
It makes perfect sense if you read it. A/D are auto delivery items dated for future shipment. Like uh, December, January.
Delayed items are currently or recently ordered items, that are delayed. As in not going to be here by the EDD.
And I did just get off the telephone with QVC. Duh.......

Wow.  Someone's having a temper tantrum.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree @jlrbr -- and I've posted about this too.  It's ridiculous that you can't cancel delayed shipments.  It's like they hold you hostage.  I ordered VPH bottlebrush trees on 10/6, they didn't ship until 10/18.  Yes, they sent me an email stating my order would be delayed, and I appreciate the communication but I should have been presented with the option to cancel.  Afterall, they didn't hold up their end of the bargain (7-10 day delivery). 

Now I don't even want the trees.  I walked into Pier 1 the other day and bought beautiful bottlebrush trees at a lower price.  It was refreshing to see something, buy it, get it home the same day knowing I can change my mind and return it without consequence!

I just get excited when QVC presents early Christmas decor.  They offer beautiful things way before most stores display holiday inventory.  When will I learn to wait?!

Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Why the snarky comments? This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. If they can’t get it together to ship why can’t it be canceled?

@hippiechick7897   If we're discussing the same issue, in Order Status, an item can sit "Processing" for over a week before shipment, but you can't cancel it online. When I've called CS, they say it's already being prepared to ship in the warehouse or coming directly from supplier and they have no control about shipment dates. My reply? I'll be returning the package unopened for full refund...shipping not charged either way. It's worked w/ refund twice. I've ordered very little since.

Packages shouldn't take 2 wks. when Amazon gets it to my front porch the next day. 

Respected Contributor

I, too, feel it's a legitimate complaint, when so many other sites are upping their game on prompt delivery, AND, the ability to cancel even after processed.  

I stock up at Chewy for my 90lb dog every three months, or less.  This includes a 40lb bag of dog food.  The last two times I ordered, the products were delivered within 12 hours. 

With AZ Prime, they used to guarantee shipment within two days, but recently I've received orders the next day.  With them, if you're willing to take a later delivery during the ordering process, you'll receive a purchase credit.  I still have a $5 one I've not used by just delaying a weekend delivery.  Why have someone deliver on a Sunday, if the item wasn't needed. But, it arrived on Monday.   

I tried to cancel with QVC just once, on the same day the order was placed, but it claimed processing.  Yet, it sat processing for a good while. You start to forget to do a status check.  

I'll still buy from QVC, if I have no time constraints and I'm willing to postpone immediate gratification.  The pricing and timing has to be right though, or I will look elsewhere.

I'm not sure how QVC can continue to contend with all the fast paced competition. In some respects our now, now, world can be a good thing.  In others, it saddens me that things seem to be moving TOO fast. We're losing something, behind this, like patience, impulse control and the free child excitement of anticipation.