Esteemed Contributor

new combined QVC/HSN app for Roku

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else seen the new combined QVC/HSN app for Roku? Apparently, it was automatically rolled out to everyone who already had the QVC app for Roku.

I'm not a fan so far; it is overly complicated and contains more information than I need when I go to watch a QVC program. Some people may like the additional details of who is hosting and a sort-of program guide, but the overall effect is cluttered and not particularly user friendly. There is waayyy too much going on in the user interface, and since there were already issues with the QVC app's stability and functionality, I'm guessing the inclusion of the HSN channels and more tools is only going to make things worse. And I was annoyed to discover that they kept the prompt asking if I'm still watching after a certain period that requires me to click around to answer in order to close the dialog box and actually continue watching. On a free shopping app, that sort of feature is not only pointless and obnoxious, but also potentially detrimental to sales.

The new app also seems to pop up more "look what's on QVC2" picture-in-picture and advertising junk on screen, but it's possible that's happening on all versions of QVC nowadays; the app and website streaming are my only ways to watch, and the latter never has those visual interruptions. I also dislike the dark blue QVC "tag" that is now permanently displayed on the top right side of the screen, as it sometimes covers part of what is being presented. It makes far more sense for the logo to stay in the lower left corner with all the other product information on the left side because the filming approach for QVC has been designed to avoid that part of the screen for many years.

Anyway, although it was far from perfect, the previous iteration of the QVC app for Roku with simple squares to click for each channel and additional scrolling and clicking options for pre-recorded programs was clean, user friendly, and visually appealing. This new version is definitely a sensory overload that is going to take some getting used to. Thanks for reading my novel—I look forward to comments from others on their experiences/opinions...

Frequent Contributor

Re: new combined QVC/HSN app for Roku

I like the changes - kudos to the web design team!
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc  Yes.  Here's the other thread on it:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Qvc-Hsn-observation/m-p/5677996#M1428125

Personally, I like it a lot.  It's all the information I used to search for going back and forth between all the QVC & HSN channels, and the videos they also do separately.  Now one channel, not 6 for me to click.  Plus, I like seeing the show title and the host right there on the screen before I make my choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - Thanks for sharing the link; I typically avoid that forum since the topics are all over the place and there are so many threads. It's interesting to see what everyone thinks of the updated app.

I hate it.  When I come home exhausted from work and I want an easy to access channel... I don't want to have to look at all the options.  I don't want to have to hop to the left navigation bar, I don't want to have to choose QVC, when I've already clicked on the app. I don't care who's hosting.  I don't care for it at all. 

Time to just tune into Evine/Shop HQ. 

Valued Contributor

So far I like it just because it says what show is on, and I don’t have to go through all the channels to see what’s on air.

Contributor

We have it. U need to get a grip. It's really not that different. 

Qvc app is ******..the streaming is abominable..for six months now I've moaned and groaned about it..qvc obviously needs high quality programmers which they obviously DON'T have..the amount of money these people make they should have pristine top of line streaming app .. they obviously don't give a ****** or it would have been fixed by now..
Contributor

Yes I have seen it and hate it.   I’m not an HSN fan.  It is making me like QVC less.  

Frequent Contributor

I tried the Roku app tonight.  There was too much distortion in the feed so I switched to website streaming.