Honored Contributor

my QVC return because...

[ Edited ]

Edit:  I took out "stupidity" because it was poor choice of words😉

I ordered the Dynatrap indoor insect trap TSV.  We have periodically these tiny gnats or flies in the utility room where I have my kitty box & every once in awhile I see a few in my kitchen.

I have full wall sliding kitchen doors onto my screened lanai.  Spouse said they come in from outside.  Plus, my kitty doesn't even "finish" his business & I am cleaning the box.

My spouse said that was the dumbest thing I'd ever ordered & cancel it.  Of course, I couldn't it was in process immediately &  I had to hear all the UNsanitary things about fly paper🙄🙄.   It came yesterday -- I didn't open it -- marked it "refused return to sender".

Took to UPS store: Wouldn't take it because my return address was showing not Q address.  So I would get back -- I looked but it clearly had Q address!  Plus, delivered by USPS it needed to be returned thru them.

OK...

Went to USPS:  Clerk told me qvc does NOT accept RTS packages anymore🤔.  I did this about 6 months ago & the clerk took it but said I couldn't get a receipt for my records.

Therefore, my so-called "gnat plan" cost me $12.45 since I couldn't cancel!  Has anyone experienced this lately RTS refusal? 😡😡

Honored Contributor

Re: my QVC return & my stupidity because...

[ Edited ]

I've never refused a package that way, as I'd doubt that I'd get the refund I was due.  Who knows what really happens when a package is refused?

If I wasn't able to cancel an order immediately (or within a reasonable time), I'd contact the CS reps and have them put a note on my account that I tried to cancel and couldn't, so I wouldn't be charged return shipping.  It seems safer than simply refusing it.

ETA:  And I wouldn't let my DH tell me anything I ordered was the "dumbest thing" - if I want to order it, I do.  And he'd never tell me anything like that anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

Let me say my spouse is a man of few words & never ever says much about whatever I buy ... come to think of it I bought new piece of furniture & I quote 1 week later "Is that new?" I just give my usual 🙄🙄🙄🤔🤔.

He certainly did not mean it in a derogatory way & I did not find it offensive.  I just thought with the few gnats I've seen -- good idea.

As for the return I did contact CS I will be charged as they don't see I tried to cancel.  Thank you thou for your suggestion!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

I don’t return packages that way either.  

I just wanted to comment that the Dyna Trap does work for all those little gnats.  We are having an exceptionally wet spring and, living in the country, I’m experiencing hordes of them right now.  I have a small Dyna Trap outside my front door and it’s getting all the gnats (along with lots of other flying insects) before they try to get in the house.

Honored Contributor

I dont think you were stupid and I dont think you should feel that way either.

Put up your dynatrap in your pantry and let it do its work.

You have nothing to lose at this point.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: my QVC return because...

I thought this was "indoor" only either way I paid to send back🙃!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

Thank you "stupidity" was wrong choice of words!  I returned it at my cost -- Funny thing: I haven't seen 1 gnat yet😳maybe someone tipped them off I ordered the Dynatrap😉🤔lol