Occasional Contributor

WHY is there no closed captioning in the early hours of the morning (like now at 4:14 AM)???????  I am hard of hearing 24 hours on each and every day .  

Esteemed Contributor

I suppose it's because viewership is so much lower in these hours, and a lot of us are 'watching' with our eyes closed.

That said, I hate watching anything without the closed captioning. 

Honored Contributor

@Gimmea Break is right.  Others have mentioned this as well.

It makes no sense to not provide this service just because some people are sleeping.  

If you are watching, then you are not asleep.  If you need closed captioning, you need it no matter what time of day you are watching.

If they didn't want sales from all hours, then there wouldn't be broadcasts at all hours.

There is no logic behind not providing CC 24 hours a day.

Perhaps money is the issue, but even that is likely to be a false saving.  It's well known that older people sleep fewer hours, so are therefore more likely to be awake at night.  Being older means more likely to need hearing compensation.  It seems to me that QVC is missing the boat here.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Agree. In the wee hours during the many nights I can't sleep and lay awake for hours there is a host voice that is hard for me to take for very long but no cc so off to some other channel I go.

Super Contributor

Re: closed captioning

[ Edited ]

@Gimmea Break

Just yesterday I noticed a link at the bottom of the website regarding closed captioning.  I copied the information below.  

http://www.qvc.com/content/information/online-closed-captioning.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the closed captioning of video programming on this website, please contact:

Dan Feiner
Vice President, Legal
QVC, Inc.
1200 Wilson Drive, MC 207
West Chester, PA 19380
Telephone: 484-701-3813
Facsimile: 484-701-1021
Email: OnlineCaptioning@qvc.com

In order to better help us in addressing your question, concern, or complaint, please include the following information with your submission:

• Your name

• Your address

• Your phone number

• Your email address

• A description of the captioning concern, and the following types of information, as available:

• The name of the program or show with the captioning issue, and the website accessed to view the program or show

• The date(s) and time(s) you experienced the closed captioning issue

• The device and app used to view the program or show

• Please also indicate your preferred method of receiving a response from us to your question, concern, or complaint (e.g., email, first-class mail, etc.)
  • Please include "Online Closed Captioning" in the subject line of your email
Trusted Contributor

@Gimmea Break It might be your cable provider. Do you have Comcast? If so, it’s dreadful. We have a new tv plus a Comcast dvr box and the closed captioning is delayed or doesn’t work even on taped shows. The cc is always delayed on live shows, and I believe that’s the norm. 

I,too always need the closed captioning.