Honored Contributor

Ebates & Other Rebate Companies to Offset Shipping Charges

I was reading the posts about the complaints of shipping charges and wondering how many ladies out there participate in Ebates, Mr. Rebates, etc?  I know some of you all use it all the time (Shellbelle, etc).  The rebate is not a huge amount, but oftentimes these companies will run specials on a higher rebate on a particular day.  However, my point is that these little rebates can offset some of the shipping charges and it's so darn easy to use.  What are your thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ebates & Other Rebate Companies to Offset Shipping Charges

[ Edited ]

I use Mr. Rebates most often; occasionally Ebates. You would be surprised at how a few cents here and there adds up over time.

I usually request my rebates annually, around Christmas. Usually around $100.00- and that's above and beyond what I get back on my credit cards.

Used Mr. Rebates this morning. 

Super Contributor

You are so right, San Antonio Gal!  Just this weekend Mr Rebates not only 'reimbursed' me for shipping at another online retailer (not QVC), he gifted me another $3.23 due to sweet 8% cash back deal.  I have stopped using eBates because I can't be bothered with paper checks, I am too flaky to remember to deposit them.  Mr Rebates deposits into PayPal, subject to same 90-day waiting period.  Mr Rebates is another reason why I buy more Dooneys on their website than on QVC.  I highly recommend Mr Rebates to everyone!   Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@annespan- Check on your Ebates account because I have my rebate deposited to my Paypal account on a quarterly basis.  I know that the paper check is an option, but I don't like dealing with paper like you.  Go into your Ebate account and opt for the direct deposit!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

After reading the few posts so far, it just makes sense for everyone not using the rebate option to sign up and take advantage!  Do it ladies!

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Smart woman, I never thought of it in that way.  I use Ebates all the time here and with every who participates.  Yes, it I suppose it does offset s&h.  I just like getting that check.  

Occasional Contributor

I shop through FreeShipping.com. For an annual or monthly fee you are reimbursed for shipping fees up to $10 each, get 10% back on purchases and get rebates for return fees. I do nearly all of my shopping online and cash back quickly covers membership fee. Cash back checks sent monthly, up to $1000 cash back and $500 shipping rebates annually and $500 for returns. Several times during the year they increase the cash back amount to 20% on select retailers. I was able to get $200 from aa Sam's Club purchase and $350 from Best Buy when I needed a new dryer.

I always check for the best cash back option on cashbackholic.com because some retailers are not participants or sometimes there is better deal on another site.

Respected Contributor

@annespan wrote:

You are so right, San Antonio Gal!  Just this weekend Mr Rebates not only 'reimbursed' me for shipping at another online retailer (not QVC), he gifted me another $3.23 due to sweet 8% cash back deal.  I have stopped using eBates because I can't be bothered with paper checks, I am too flaky to remember to deposit them.  Mr Rebates deposits into PayPal, subject to same 90-day waiting period.  Mr Rebates is another reason why I buy more Dooneys on their website than on QVC.  I highly recommend Mr Rebates to everyone!   Woman Very Happy

@annespan I've been that way most of my life, but now that I can deposit checks by taking a picture of it with an app on my smartphone, I deposit paper checks the same day I get them. It's so much easier.

Respected Contributor

@annespan Also, with ebates they give you an option to upsize your ebate if you select to have your ebate turned into a giftcard for different sites.

I got an extra 10%, I think. It was either 10 or 11% by choosing to get my ebates amount back on an Ulta GC.

If they don't have a store that I know I will shop at to get an extra amount, I do have it deposited into my paypal account.

Honored Contributor

@annespan wrote:

@annespan  Ebates deposits into PayPal, too.  That's how I get my money from them.  

I agree that using these rebates helps to offset shipping charges.  However, I prefer to compare prices with other companies including the shipping charges and then going with the least expensive reputable place.  This usually means Amazon.  I like to use companies that have free shipping and free returns.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau