Frequent Contributor

Why the constant changes with .........

So tired of the constant changes with the way we look at our account, orders, editing orders, etc. etc.  It's so much more difficult than it was.  Is it to prohibit us from making changes???????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why the constant changes with .........

@Southern Classy 

I actually think that we have more details now, and I like the new format.

I did notice however, that on the older format, there was a button that you could click to cancel the order. I am not sure where they have hidden the button.

I will look for it again later. (smile)

Honored Contributor

@Southern Classy.  Better learn to adjust.  Modern technology is constantly changing.  Nothing will ever stay the same long where computers are concerned.   Welcome to the Twenty First Century.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

When viewing auto deliveries there used to be a button to hide cancelled orders also. That made it much easier to review your upcoming shipments.

This is not just QVC though. All sites are updating the look of their pages. Generally they are prettier, but more difficult to navigate in my experience.

Honored Contributor

Anyone know if there have been a change in legal requirements for companies?  I ask that because in addition to QVC's changes, I've seen equally huge chganges in the websites of at least 4 large financial sites I also use.

I haven't been buying much here recently as I continue to buy no clothes, jewelry, beauty, etc. from anyone, so I had to learn to use the other sites first.  What's interesting to me is that there's a definite similarity in how several of the new sites are configured.  That fact alone has made it a bit easier to get used to all of them.

The more I use the new format, the more I like it.  Makes sense to me -  I know I tend to like best what I know and understand.  I'm way beyond the years when change was just an adventure;  not change is a speed bump in my path!

Honored Contributor

Although I will admit to not being a fan of change, I can adjust.  And I realize all websites change.  But, this constant change--as in, every day--is ridiculous.  That's just confusing to the customer.  You don't see the king of retail, Amazon, changing their layout every day.

And to top it off, half of the changes are nonfunctional!  For heaven's sake, if you're going to change something, at least make sure it works first!  

I've been tolerant and even have defended QVC for a long time now, but it's getting harder and harder for me to do so, let alone continue to spend my money with them.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus 

@tidegirl72 

You have to go to the item order detail page to cancel the item.  It's in very small letters just to the left of the pricing (cost, shipping, tax).  Whether it will actually cancel your order is another topic.

There is still a place to hide cancelled orders.  On the main Order Status page it's at the top, above the listed orders, on the right hand side.

Trusted Contributor

I'm never happy about the changes here either...I've just grown to expect them now.

My biggest gripe with it now is ..not being able to put more than one item in my cart at a time.. I think that's totally ridiculous !!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@Southern Classy wrote:

So tired of the constant changes with the way we look at our account, orders, editing orders, etc. etc.  It's so much more difficult than it was.  Is it to prohibit us from making changes???????

@Southern Classy I will tell you why.  I was one of the first webmasters in the US.  If your page gets too stale, you get few new looks and few people will stick around.

Web searchers are looking for the latest design elements.  If you don't keep it fresh, new people are hard to attract.

Change is the driving force on the internet.  You think it's a pain to use, what about the people who constantly work behind the scenes to update it?  They have to.  Sometimes it's a lot better, sometimes not so much, sometimes worse.  

But don't worry.  Whatever you don't like won't stick around for long.  So complain, give input and that will influence what they do next.

Honored Contributor

@SoonerGreat post.  Thanks for all that info.

Seems we're a use and discard society in more ways than tangible objects!