Valued Contributor

I watched  Alberti with Rachael Boesing then when He was with MaryBeth. Holy Cow what a difference in his personality than with Rachael. He said to MartBeth we had a lot of fun right Marybeth and she said oh ya. I feel he's not crazy about

Rachael and neither am i. When she was on I believe the Tuesday Gourmet show she was rubbing her hands as to say I can't wait to eat the samples. Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

We all react differently to different people.  I like 2 of the 3 hosts under discussion, someone else undoubtedly likes a different combination, while some like just one, and some all 3 or none.  

To me that's not surprising or even dismaying.  Even with families, often there are differences.  I can't think of a single group of even family or friends in which I feel the same about each member of the group.   

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

We all react differently to different people.  I like 2 of the 3 hosts under discussion, someone else undoubtedly likes a different combination, while some like just one, and some all 3 or none.  

To me that's not surprising or even dismaying.  Even with families, often there are differences.  I can't think of a single group of even family or friends in which I feel the same about each member of the group.   

Well said.

Esteemed Contributor

I disagree with the initial observation.

I believe that Alberti and Rachel are quite good friends and the silliness and volume get amped up when they are together due to this friendship.  His relationship with Mary Beth is probably not that of a peer, but rather a respected mentor/teacher.  You behave differently with different people, even on TV.

I think that is why I prefer Rachel hosting alone:  her behavior changes when with another host like Alberti, Kerstin, Mary D.......

Contributor

I believe all these comments are juvenile.   These are two hosts on for a short period of the 24 hours that QVC is on.   Let them have some fun and leave these people alone.

Think of the job they have, everyday trying to sell products some of which they probably do not like but have to like to promote.    That is a hard job and their hours are horrific.

Give them a break and if you do not like the paring up of hosts don't watch.

Respected Contributor
For me, I like Alberti and enjoy his shows. I have a lot of respect for him because he does not seem to mind presenting women’s clothing or beauty products. Also think he is very talented in the home decor arena. If I don’t connect with a host I just don’t watch. Honestly I don’t watch much of the live shows anymore because I find the long presentations boring, just watch videos of products I might be interested in analyzing.
Esteemed Contributor

@bdoby wrote:

I believe all these comments are juvenile.   These are two hosts on for a short period of the 24 hours that QVC is on.   Let them have some fun and leave these people alone.

Think of the job they have, everyday trying to sell products some of which they probably do not like but have to like to promote.    That is a hard job and their hours are horrific.

Give them a break and if you do not like the paring up of hosts don't watch.

I do not believe that my observation deserved to be labeled as juvenile.

Esteemed Contributor

@bdoby Well said............................

Respected Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

I watched  Alberti with Rachael Boesing then when He was with MaryBeth. Holy Cow what a difference in his personality than with Rachael. He said to MartBeth we had a lot of fun right Marybeth and she said oh ya. I feel he's not crazy about

Rachael and neither am i. When she was on I believe the Tuesday Gourmet show she was rubbing her hands as to say I can't wait to eat the samples. Smiley Embarassed

So, conveying the idea that the food was so good she couldn't wait? Sounds like a perfectly acceptable behavior from someone selling food. 

Trusted Contributor

Would you prefer Rachel grimaces and sticks her finger in her mouth as if she's ready to puke?  LOL.  For goodness sake, it's part of the shtick.  They HAVE to pretend they love ALL the food.  They're trying to persuade us to buy it. Personally, I don't know how they do it - presenting the same items over and over again.  That would make ME want to puke.