Frequent Contributor

Why so many limited quantities & clearance items?

Long ago, when an item was popular and sold well on QVC, the hosts would emphasize that you had the flexibility to shop for that item anytime, not just when it was being shown on air. It was nice to know that if you weren't sure about buying the item or didn't have time at that particular moment to purchase it (dinner's burning, kids are crying, etc.) , you could call or go online later and get your item.

I miss having the luxury of having think time before buying. Now, the Q offers smaller quantities of even customer-favorite products, and the hosts are constantly yelling, "Buy now, because when they're gone, they're gone for good!"

I know that some thingsmust  go on clearance because QVC had a special deal worked out the vendors, and those deals have expired. But I don't understand why items that have generated high sales numbers and tons of positive customer feedback aren't stocked in larger quantities. Why do they sell out so quickly, and why does it take so long to restock? And why discontinue the really popular stuff?

Respected Contributor

Re: Why so many limited quantities & clearance items?

So people are complaining that the Q shows the same stuff all the time and there is no variety. Then you say why are they getting rid of so much stuff that's popular. My take is that this is midyear clearance time. They know what sells and what the profit line is on each item. They have 24 hours to sell and they repeat what is most profitable i.e. Susan Graver. Expect to see higher prices. Logo is popular and expensive. Simple business math.

Esteemed Contributor

Q has so many words for normal priced items. They no longer have a real TSV and real clearance most items that fall in that category cannot get dumped.  They sell stuff that's  10 years old and buy stuff that from companies that is outdated or many in a cheaper fashion "especially for the QVC customer"

They give out promises of warranty's and you have to deal with some defunct company and they never answer your call.

Q may be number one in home shopping but they are not anywhere close to what they used to be.

Honored Contributor

I think a big lot of it is to sell things under the "birthday celebration." Good excuse to deplete inventory. I also notice the hosts continually stating we didn't bring in very many of these, and when they are gone there gone. Hard sell, high pressure. Go to your app, we are busy on the phones, go to QVC.com. Going, going  gone? Nah. 

Honored Contributor

True Q has changed from years ago. Choose to take the good with the not so good. Sometimes I'm disappointed when I find cute SG liguid knit top online sold out in my size clearance priced. Then smile think glad SG sells out!! I for one love her clothes. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

Well think about it, stores do the same thing when in low quantity. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's the end of summer inventory or what hadn't sold as yet but will not be reordered because fall inventory and Christmas items are here.   The same as B&M stores

Honored Contributor

I've noticed that as well, makes my head spin to think why.

So many times if you don't order during the presentation you will not get your color or size.    More money for me.   Less money for QVC

@glamwitch wrote:

Long ago, when an item was popular and sold well on QVC, the hosts would emphasize that you had the flexibility to shop for that item anytime, not just when it was being shown on air. It was nice to know that if you weren't sure about buying the item or didn't have time at that particular moment to purchase it (dinner's burning, kids are crying, etc.) , you could call or go online later and get your item.

I miss having the luxury of having think time before buying. Now, the Q offers smaller quantities of even customer-favorite products, and the hosts are constantly yelling, "Buy now, because when they're gone, they're gone for good!"

I know that some thingsmust  go on clearance because QVC had a special deal worked out the vendors, and those deals have expired. But I don't understand why items that have generated high sales numbers and tons of positive customer feedback aren't stocked in larger quantities. Why do they sell out so quickly, and why does it take so long to restock? And why discontinue the really popular stuff?