Contributor

Does anyone know why Mary De'Angelis is sitting thru her ITK shows? I've noticed it for a few weeks now. She presents the products while sitting at a table. I never see her get up to present.

Honored Contributor

Maybe her 👣 hurt.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Maddie64 wrote:

Does anyone know why Mary De'Angelis is sitting thru her ITK shows? I've noticed it for a few weeks now. She presents the products while sitting at a table. I never see her get up to present.

I noticed it too. When I called QVC to inquire the representative seemed dismissive and did not take my concern seriously.  I hope she is ok and isnt in pain.

Honored Contributor

@Reever   OMG!  You called CS?

Scheesh....I can't help but wonder what makes viewers so weird as to ask invasive questions that are none of their business.

Why would anyone really want to know or think they are entitled to know?

If someone asked me that question, I know what I'd tell them and it wouldn't be pretty.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever 

Even though you're concerned, there was no chance anyone would have given out any information about a potential health or injury issue about a host or other employee.  HIPPA laws are in place to keep one's medical history private.  

Esteemed Contributor

If she wanted us to know she would have said something.  None of our business.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is Mary siting

[ Edited ]

When ITKWM returned to Q2 last week, Mary noted that the shows would be more subdued going forward and would focus more on the vendors in their homes. With the new format/approach of the live shows on Q2, the hosts in the studio are no longer presenting items the way they used to (and on some shows, there are no hosts at all). Now, the vendors are responsible for demonstrating each product as best they can, and rather than having the hosts show the variations of styles or colors for each item in the studio, there is a cutaway to an image of someone clicking through the options on qvc.com. As a result, there is no need for the hosts to be actively walking around the studio—their function is just to communicate with the vendors through Skype and occasionally present general QVC information.

As I commented in another similar post, as much as I enjoy Mary and many of the vendors, I'm definitely not a fan of this new approach. It is a waste of time from a purchasing perspective to just watch people chat and then see someone clicking away on their computer the same way I would at home. Without all the item closeups and opportunities to really investigate a new item, I'm far less likely to buy.

Honored Contributor

It's a NEW presentation format

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Everything old is new again. When I started watching QVC in the Stone Age many of the shows were done entirely with the host sitting. In fact, I’d say it was the norm as they had so much more jewelry and collectibles then. That format for me was better than the camera person trying keep up with hosts zig zagging around like some do now. It feels like no one knows the script. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

@Reever 

Even though you're concerned, there was no chance anyone would have given out any information about a potential health or injury issue about a host or other employee.  HIPPA laws are in place to keep one's medical history private.  

hippa laws only apply to companies that deal with medical issues, i.e. insurance, her medical coverage. qvc itself does NOT have to follow hippa laws.