Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Maddie64 wrote:

Does anyone know why Mary De'Angelis is sitting thru her ITK shows? I've noticed it for a few weeks now. She presents the products while sitting at a table. I never see her get up to present.

I noticed it too. When I called QVC to inquire the representative seemed dismissive and did not take my concern seriously.  I hope she is ok and isnt in pain.

omg you called QVC to find out why she was sitting???????????????????????

Trusted Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@Tori3569 wrote:

@Reever 

Even though you're concerned, there was no chance anyone would have given out any information about a potential health or injury issue about a host or other employee.  HIPPA laws are in place to keep one's medical history private.  

hippa laws only apply to companies that deal with medical issues, i.e. insurance, her medical coverage. qvc itself does NOT have to follow hippa laws.

While you may be technically right, I am a regional manager with a retail food service company and am responsible for more than 500 employees.  We would never, ever give anyone information about an employee's health.  
Customers notice when an employee is not at work and ask why they're not there, are they out sick, etc.  We can never say anything to them, other employees or even family members when an employee is an adult.  The reason I have always been given cites HIPPA laws.  

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed that some of the longer term hosts take the opportunity to take a seat when possible.  I know I can't stand on my feet being stationary for even an hour.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care if she 's seated or standing , what I need is what was the  dimensions of the  ceramic  containers she was selling . The LocknLock person  gives  dimensions in ounces which , I would rather have both dimensions. 

Respected Contributor

I do not watch QVC2 and I doubt there is anything "wrong" with Mary.  If she stated they are trying a new format that tells me they are using Q2 as a trial to see if they can do away with less hosts and rely more on vendors.  Interesting test; guess they will see if it affects the bottom line.  

Honored Contributor

@ Tori

You are correct.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Maddie64 wrote:

Does anyone know why Mary De'Angelis is sitting thru her ITK shows? I've noticed it for a few weeks now. She presents the products while sitting at a table. I never see her get up to present.

I noticed it too. When I called QVC to inquire the representative seemed dismissive and did not take my concern seriously.  I hope she is ok and isnt in pain.

You really Called them?  I am kind of in shock over that.  Why would you do that and why do you think they would tell you?  It really is none of your business.   Good Grief.

Honored Contributor

Jill used to talk about her seven knee surgeries and her ultimate knee replacement.  I guess its just up to the host how much they want to share.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Maddie64 wrote:

@Maddie64Why not sit?  Ask her on her FB page.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!  After reading this thread I need to sit down.