Honored Contributor

Why QVC is not user friendly

I haven't ordered from QVC for a whiile and got a $5.00 off a purchase to pls come back. I went online and bought 2 beauty items mid Nov. 1 was available to ship and 1 on waitlist. The online order was placed together and I put in the promo code for the $5.00 off.

Noticed my confirmation order that an order was shipped but the $5.00 was not applied. Called customer service and they cannot apply the $5.00 off since the item has been processed but the $5.00 will be applied to waitlist. What??? Can you do somthing? NO. - I should have called cutomer service to place my item and not place the order online so the $5.00 would have been processed correctly. 

Not to worrry - I will get the $5.00 off when the waitlist item is shipped - what if it is cancelled, I asked.. That raraly happens....guess what - waitlist item is cancelled. I called CS again. The $5.00 off was applied to waitlist since I chose that item to be applied. What??? 

I had no idea that I as choosig a specific item for the coupon to be applied. Usually on online sites - you put in the promo code and the (codeing program) does the rest. It was a flat $5.00 - what would anyone need to chose an item where the promo code gets applied.

MY FAULT - my fault I did not apply code to the right item - my fault that I didn't call CS to place the order in the first place - my fault that I was lured back with the promise of $5.00 off.

QVC's fault for me not coming back....

Honored Contributor

Re: Why QVC is not user friendly

Here's hoping someone from the board moderators helps you out.  Try customer care category if you don't hear anything.

Esteemed Contributor

In the grand scheme of things, this just doesn’t sound like a huge deal to me. You’ll get the $5 on your waitlist item. It’s only $5, which, for me, isn’t worth getting personally upset about (bad emotion experienced, blood pressure going up, etc). Sometimes, it’s useful to just “roll” with things and let it go.

Honored Contributor

Be glad you'll eventually get a small break with the five bucks... Most of us don't get jack... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey

I was drawn to your post because this theme of throwing it back into the face of the consumer is something that took a foothold about 15 years ago.  It's endemic not only to retail, but healthcare (as patients) and just about all other businesses, be they for profit or not for profit.  I'm sickened by this negative turnaround in our society and am fighting back in small ways.  Don't let the big guys get you down - ever.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@Yahooey

I was drawn to your post because this theme of throwing it back into the face of the consumer is something that took a foothold about 15 years ago.  It's endemic not only to retail, but healthcare (as patients) and just about all other businesses, be they for profit or not for profit.  I'm sickened by this negative turnaround in our society and am fighting back in small ways.  Don't let the big guys get you down - ever.

Absolutely agree @sfnative... And yet, 'our calls are very important to them'... Whatever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP here - it isn't really about the $5.00 - it is their attitude. Shop online - fast and simple - no need to wait for an operator. They need a better program coder - 

When I noticed in the same evening when the the order was processed - the CS rep could have adjusted my cc. They chose not to - 

When I got the email saying my order was cancelled - called CS again 

Yes - the $5.00 is in my acct - so what. It should have been adjusted the first time I called. 

I'm sure if there was a promo code for housewares only - if I used it for beauty - it would have been rejected - that's why my title says not user friendly - some sites are just more intuitive. 

QVC Customer Care

@Yahooey

I have sent you an email regarding this issue.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC

Thank you - your words were very kind...Have a wonderful New Year!

Respected Contributor

QVC, Your next customer service staff meeting, somebody should print off a copy of this thread so that you can review what went wrong here so it doesn’t happen again.