Respected Contributor

Re: Who would be your "final straw" lay-off?

I watch the brands I buy no matter who is hosting the program.  I watch to see the product closely on TV and shown on as many models including hosts as possible to determine if I will like it and how it fits.

I neither like nor dislike any host enough to change my QVC buying habits.

Some appeal more than others but not enough to make any difference to me.

I would wish the time does not come when any of them have to be laid off.

Super Contributor

Not applicable; I propose no hosts at all......simply use brand ambassadors/vendors .... offer free shipping and expand online chat if needed to answer questions.  Pass the savings onto us, the shoppers.  It is kinda simple IMO

Respected Contributor

Except that I bet the savings would never be passed on to customers. 

They would probably be passed on to shareholders.

Valued Contributor

I get a kick out of people who say they haven’t shopped at the Q in decades and don’t ever watch the programming, but are here on the boards constantly with thousands of posts. Why bother?
Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I'll approach this another way and answer the opposite question.  If one host could "disappear" and make you want to watch, who would that be?   Jane T.

Kirsten

Esteemed Contributor

I do not really watch anymore.  Lots of reasons.  The hosts these days are not my favorite choices.  Too much chatter and socializing.  Not enough product info.  And products offered, too much overlap.  Same function just differenct names. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't really watch enough so that I am attached to any host or would even know if they were missing. I guess MaryBeth is an all time favorite and I would be sad if she was gone.  

Respected Contributor

No particular  current host would be the "boss of me."

If I really wanted to buy an item even the firing of my top host would not be a deterrent to drop the Q.

Now, if it were my best friend or sister that lost her income........that might!

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched a presentation in a very long time so I guess no one person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't go that far, to "never darken their doors again," and I have said I rarely watch. Why? Because of hosts and prices.

But I have to say, letting Carolyn (and Dan) go the way they did, makes me rethink anything I might have bought.

If I still watched anything it was Carolyn and Gary and Valerie and her with only a few hosts. I even stopped watching Leah on Sat. Even she seemed to be more frantic to me.

I just don't like supporting or buying from a company that treats longtime excellent employees that way.

I'm not saying I will never buy or watch anything again from QVC but like so many have said, anyone can find many of the things somewhere else for so much less with same or better quality and free shipping and returns etc.

But laying Carolyn and Dan off the way it was done has definitely changed the way I feel about QVC.

I'm just happy they both seem happy and I hope after the shock of being let go they will feel so much better now not being there. 

And if they get rid of the forums, here is really the only time I look at a video or look at something from QVC  because of what someone from here said. At least most of the time. 

Actually the 3 or 4 things I did buy last year were because someone here mentioned them. One of them was a natural Denim and Company shirt.

For me and many others, QVC was more than "shopping" day and night.

There is not much they can promote anymore, especially when fewer are watching, including"streaming" or whatever else.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"