Contributor

The one I don't miss is Shawn. Outta sight, outta mind.

Respected Contributor

Re: Which host do you miss?

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

Kathy Levine and  Lynn Tucker for me. Don't miss Lisa Robertson one bit. She was always a Kathy wanna be in my book.

I'll never forgive That Dan Hughes for his behavior when a guest passed out on the air. He seemed more concerned selling than caring for a fellow human being, he just continued selling. He's a snake oil salesman.

I know it seemed like Dan Hughes was acting nonchalant about the vendor fainting but I'm sure he was doing exactly what his producer was telling him to do.    She was being attended to by someone else who was off screen.    You could tell for a second that he wasn't sure what to do but then I'm sure he was told just keep on doing your segment.  

In television, just like on the radio you certainly don't want dead air.    

I've been watching QVC for quite a few years and I've seen a few obscene phone calls that snuck through and the hosts just keep on going with their presentation.   

When things happen on live TV the host is always caught off guard.  I'm sure that is why they always have the producer telling them how to handle it via the ear piece.  

Valued Contributor

I miss Lisa Robertson and Albany Irvin.  I haven't watched QVC in quite a few weeks, though.

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@newlook456 wrote:

There was one host who was African American and she was with Jim Shore many times who left because her husband was transferred to NYC and then she came back as a vendor.  I don't remember her name but she at the same time as Leah and Jayne Brown.  She had a very pleasant pesonality and I really was sorry to see her leave.

@newname0  Are you thinking of maybe Lena McElwane (probably spelled wrong)?  I thought she was so very pleasant to watch.  Yes, she now works w/one of the vendors, but can't remember which one.

Yes, that's right.  Thanks so much.  I really liked Lena with JS.

Respected Contributor

Re: Which host do you miss?

[ Edited ]

@newlook456 wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@newlook456 wrote:

There was one host who was African American and she was with Jim Shore many times who left because her husband was transferred to NYC and then she came back as a vendor.  I don't remember her name but she at the same time as Leah and Jayne Brown.  She had a very pleasant pesonality and I really was sorry to see her leave.

@newname0  Are you thinking of maybe Lena McElwane (probably spelled wrong)?  I thought she was so very pleasant to watch.  Yes, she now works w/one of the vendors, but can't remember which one.

Yes, that's right.  Thanks so much.  I really liked Lena with JS.

She represents Dennis Basso. And yes, she is lovely!

@newname0 @Patriot3

Occasional Contributor

Where did Albany Earvin go ?  When & why did she leave ? Like the way she presented products and seemed very intelligent when talking about tech items.

Valued Contributor

I pretty much miss every female host who had a sense of humor.  They seem to be weeded out lately.

But one I miss is Bob Bowersox, he could of mixed cement in a Kitchen Aid blender and every person watching would have said ok.......I can do that.  But not because they were awake, it's because they were still asleep watching Bob.

Regular Contributor

The host I miss the most is Lisa Robertson. Lisa has been (and will probably remain) my favorite QVC show host.

I also miss Dave King, Bob Bowersox, Dave James, Steve Bryant, and Jonathon Redford.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Lisa Robertson & Lisa Mason.In my opinion no one else has the class that these two ladies have!!

@NicksmomESQ

And both had wonderful voices and naturally funny senses of humor.  Neither had to "create" a personality . . . they were just who they were.  I miss both of them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I would love to see Lisa Robertson back on.  I try to watch her on her livechat website but just hate that medium.  Watching her look at her tablet is annoying