Contributor

When will vendors return to QVC studios?

I was wondering if there is any plan to bring some of the vendors back on site.  I haven't minded the Skype presentations, but some products are more effectively presented if they're live in studio.  I give everyone credit trying  to do their best during this unusual time.  Plus, it's given QVC some fresh blooper material with hosts and vendors unintentionally talking over each other.

Honored Contributor

Re: When will vendors return to QVC studios?

@Cubs16   Probably not soon.  CoVi19 cases are increasing again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am not sure of the reopening status of Pa. I think they are pretty hard hit with the virus as we are in Michigan. We have just been release from stay at home order but are still suppose to work from home if able. Social distance and masks required when inside with others than immediate family.

Masks on live TV would be difficult I would think? Anyone know the rules in PA?

Honored Contributor

As much as I'd like to see the vendors back in the studio, I have little confidence that the re-openings are creating healthy environments for those of us who are the virus' most popular targets.   

I'm not even shopping right now, but I'll go on record as one who'd prefer the venors in the studios as soon as they feel it's safe for them and everyone around them feels that same safety.  Feels wrong to me today.

Respected Contributor

the Q has done a fantastic job !

hopefully they do not revert too soon.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

That part of Pa. just went to yellow on Friday.

Honored Contributor

Many vendors have to fly into Philly.  I heard a doctor say this morning that flying is the most dangerous activity in regard to the virus.  I wouldn't risk it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

This virus is going to continue to seek people to infect within just the US with 300 Million yet to be infected. This won’t stop until we have a vaccine, everything we have done has just slowed it.  Or 60-70% will get infected and we will have some herd immunity. (We have about 325 million people so we would have to have about 275 million people already infected to have that type of immunity.)

Dr. Michel Osterholm, Dir. Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy 

Honored Contributor

@Cubs16 wrote:

I was wondering if there is any plan to bring some of the vendors back on site.  I haven't minded the Skype presentations, but some products are more effectively presented if they're live in studio.  I give everyone credit trying  to do their best during this unusual time.  Plus, it's given QVC some fresh blooper material with hosts and vendors unintentionally talking over each other.

I thought someone posted they were not coming back.  The host can obviously do it with the vendors at home

Trusted Contributor

Hopefully never. I prefer the way it is done now. I realize some of the host are uncomfortable doing the programs on their own but that is their job. At least now when they present they go into more detail about the product.

And another thing that I wish they would continue. No sampling the food. Have enjoyed the food presentations more lately. No rolling of the eyes, no sighing, no talking with food in their mouths, no raising of the arms and twirling around (happy dance).