Regular Contributor

Rick is 60 and watching him this morning with the Total Gym product. Rick does exercise equipment, jewelry, food and even some clothing, He really earns his salary. You don't see David, Jane T. or Carolyn doing this. I'm sure the Rick haters will chime in.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Rick is A Triple Threat

[ Edited ]

You're right - I think he does show a greater variety of things than most hosts.  He also shows plants and Valerie's decor and tchotchkes.

Respected Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

Rick is 60 and watching him this morning with the Total Gym product. Rick does exercise equipment, jewelry, food and even some clothing, He really earns his salary. You don't see David, Jane T. or Carolyn doing this. I'm sure the Rick haters will chime in.....

A triple threat to who?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I love Rick. Between those that left & those that were let go there aren't many good hosts left. Rick has humor, personality & energy. You can tell that he loves what he does. I enjoy watching him!!

Valued Contributor

Yes! One of the few hosts good at it all. And comfortable doing it.

Respected Contributor

Rick is indeed enthusiastic.

Right about him doing all kinds of shows, 

he can find a bajillion things to say about anything,

so he can pull off doing a variety of different categories.

He is a good host, just a bit too revved up for me sometimes.

(But then again, I can only take so much of any them anyhow.)

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes you might have to turn the volume down when he's on and starts getting hyper but he is always pleasant and enthusiastic regardless of what he's selling. 

Respected Contributor

I love his presentations. He's definitely my favorite male host (I hope I can safely say this without being politically incorrect); I enjoy his enthusiasm. The shows with him that I can watch all the way through are when he presents Valerie Parr Hill items. A lot of his presentations, like today's TSV, are not things that interest me so I don't watch those. Not sure what you mean by "triple threat".

Honored Contributor

Seriously?

Respected Contributor

I'm getting to like the shows with VENDOR only presentations.  Rick has always seemed to me to be one of the hosts that constantly interrupts the vendor when he or she is trying to get the pertinent information to the customers.  Rick always acts like he just had an entire pot of coffee WITH caffeine.