Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the point of Gourmet Holiday and ITK shows...

I'm sorry - but I thought that was dumb having Gourmet Holiday shows. For what? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I click out of the ITK shows when it is mostly food. It must sell or as pointed out they wouldn't have so much. I flipped to YouTube as QVC was showing the chocolate cookie that had just about every ingredient in a cupboard in it. For goodness sake --show a little respect for a cookie ! Smiley Happy

I miss the Blue Jean chef. I know she has her own website , but I miss her on QVC. She explained things so well.

Respected Contributor

@Unhooked42 

My thoughts exactly!  Last night they were presenting Squirrel Nut Brand Cashews.  There were at least 10 cans open in different candy dishes and David opened a new

can just so he could pour them out.  I thought, what a waste!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Being home all the time, I find the many food shows are a smart thing to do for QVC for people who do not want to go out and spend a lot of time at the grocery store.

Since I only go to the grocery store once a week to get fresh fruit, vegetables, milk, and of course ice cream, seeing all the food shows gives me an opportunity to not only have the food delivered, but to try new things.

I don't like that I am gaining weight from trying all these things, but the food I have received from QVC thus far has been awesome! Jimmy the Baker's cinnamon rolls just arrived yesterday, warm from being in the UPS truck. Ate one right away with that delicious topping. YUMMY!

Have also received the Landies Pretzel Munch, Mama Mancini's Meatballs, Corazonas Oatmeal Squares, Heathland Seasoned Chicken Breasts, Anderson Seafood Citrus Tilapia (haven't tried it yet), and the list goes on.

I need a bigger freezer! All that I have tried have been as good as commented on during the shows.

Thank you, QVC!

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Since I only go to the grocery store once a week to get fresh fruit, vegetables, milk, and of course ice cream, seeing all the food shows gives me an opportunity to not only have the food delivered, but to try new things.

I don't like that I am gaining weight from trying all these things, but the food I have received from QVC thus far has been awesome!

Thank you, QVC!

I agree with everything you said. I've tried lots of new food brands, thanks to QVC (and I have some on Auto-Delivery too). Everything has been good and I'm pleased. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What's the point of Goutrmet Holiday and ITK shows...

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

Let me state .... Gourmet Holiday is supposed food & wine...as the show name describes..

BUT ITK shows are now "almost" all food, wine & whatever TSV even if vacumn cleaner...

What happened to kitchen gadgets, things for the cook, etc. that is supposed to be ITK ...🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️as they "advertise"?

I'm certainly not this "dense"...or maybe I am and I'm watching too much tv these past few months😉😉😉

@homedecor1 

You are not dense....I totally understand what you are saying....ITKWD has turned into food/wine, cleaning products....or even Bose sound systems....I guess music to cook by ??????  Or on occasion its an outrageously expensive kitchen appliance......I purchased many gadgets sold on QVC and still use them....but they are no more on QVC!!!  Woman Sad 

I think QVC is also taking advantage of some of the food shortages and empty grocery store shelves some parts of the country are experiencing and offering their version of food delivery......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Overpriced food.  S/H always is included but I am sure they jack up the price to make up for it so it is not free.  Sick of Gourmet shows, Rachel and Alberti are too over the top for me.  I cannot believe anyone gets that excited over food.  By the way, I change the channel.   Ha!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

ITA!

We expect those food items, but the appear to have supplanted everything else on ITK. I, too, used to enjoy seeing the various gadgets. Now, it's essentially food, food, food.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

And didn't they used to show more Temptations bakeware?  I haven't seen it on lately.

Trusted Contributor

the point is to make as much profit as possible.