Super Contributor

What's going on with the return process?

I'm at my wit's end with trying to return items to QVC, One item they sent me by mistake was "picked up by the agent" on the 5th, never to be heard from again. QVC was nice enough to refund me anyway, and made sure I was sent the correct item, but I guess they are the ones who have to file the claim. Another item returned to another company, probably by the same agent, hasn't moved from the post office for 6 days now, and I'm wondering if the same thing is going to happen.

One of the clerks told me this private company shows up when they feel like it and packages sit for days. I just returned something to QVC today, and holding my breath that it might leave before the package I left on the 18th. I use the pre-paid label, but exactly what value are we getting if the packages disappear? I believe the problem is with this horrible private company who either sell the items or keep them in limbo forever. This is going to affect QVC because I'm not going to buy much if I think I can't return it, or worry about an incompetent, thieving company letting packges sit or stealing them.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's going on with the return process?

I had one of those ready post packages thar sat @ my post office for 6 days waiting to be picked up. Good thing I called because the clerk said at the time, UPS failed to pick it up.

In talking to my regular UPS guy he said the use the post office for small packages because theres no money to be made by handling them.

Watch your tracking.

Frequent Contributor

I dropped something off at the P.O. on 11/2, and it wasn't scanned into the system until the 13th. As of today, it still hasn't gotten to QVC. C.S. credited me after 14 days.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Trusted Contributor

Yes returns just sit at the post office for days, sometimes weeks waiting for that third party trucking company to pick them up.  If the Q would have returns go back by UPS, like in the good old days, we wouldn't have to wait so long for our money.  It's ridiculous how long refunds are taking.

Super Contributor

I don't think this is UPS, Snowpuppy. I get the idea that its one of those craptacular private contractors letting it sit, but I guess it could be UPS. These companies seem to want to make their competition look bad, and know that whoever accepted the package will get blamed for it. UPS and USPS are fine on their own, but they don't play well together. At least I got an email from QVC acknowledging I returned it at the PO. Thanks for the help.

Trusted Contributor

QVC no longer uses UPS labels, it's the post office.  The manager of my local post office told me the packages just sit waiting for the truck that picks up QVC packages and theres no time frame for pickups.

i returned a package to the Q and one to HSN the same day (I use UPS  label for returns to HSN).  I received my money back from HSN within the same week, while the Q package was still sitting at the post office for over a week and waited 3 weeks to receive my refund.  Totally uncalled for.  

Super Contributor

I guess they think with the lenient holiday window, we won't worry about our packages sitting on a dock somewhere for days on end. Not like we need our money back to buy other gifts, right? I still don't understand the shipping charge for this customer unfriendly BS.

Frequent Contributor

I just recently returned a LeCreuset pan.  I purchased it for my sister and had it shipped to her.  She received it and called me immediately.  It was chipped on the outside in a couple of places.  I called the Q and they said to put the USPS label on it and take it to the post office for return.  As soon as they receive it, they will ship out a replacement.  I did this.  That was on 11-12-15.  By 11-20-15 my tracking said my pkg was in postal area.  I called the Q.  Here is where things get a little messed up.  The Q said they had already received the item and the replacement is on its way.  WHAT!!!  Just as you cannot track orders half the time, you now cannot track returns.  I will have to call my sister to see if she got her replacement yet.  I have no trust in the Q's shipping practice.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is their way of discouraging returns.......you decide that you don't want to go through all the hassle so you just keep the item....

Frequent Contributor

@H20gal wrote:

I don't think this is UPS, Snowpuppy. I get the idea that its one of those craptacular private contractors letting it sit, but I guess it could be UPS. These companies seem to want to make their competition look bad, and know that whoever accepted the package will get blamed for it. UPS and USPS are fine on their own, but they don't play well together. At least I got an email from QVC acknowledging I returned it at the PO. Thanks for the help.

The company used is Newgistics. You can track directly using their site.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.