Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's going on with QVC?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@qvcaddition.  Strange this should happen since they're shipping from the same warehouses by the same people now, unless it's vendor shipped.

@Kachina624  Has HSN closed their distribution centers? 

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug_ 

I understand... my label was on the package, but someone else's contents and invoice inside......QVC did straighten it all out and give me the proper credit....although like you, the original item I ordered was no longert available in my size....

Some orders are shipped directly from the manufacturer and some come from one of QVC's warehouses....With the pandemic I noticed a lot of issues with things shipped from California, maybe due to their Covid restrictions and lock downs...who knows....Andother issue on delays is when UPS hands in over to their partner USPS Mail Innovations where things seem to stall.....

I too dont like it when there's a product that mysteriously and suddenly reverts to "advance order" and no mention of this on air or on the website, and the reason isnt because these orders are sell outs either...but they wont let you cancel it either...thats an issue me......Now some products the viewers are amply warned and advance order appears on the screen and host/vendors make it clear...but this isn't always the case...theres a breakdown somewhere and there should be a way to cancel these orders when the customer isnt properly informed...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I seldom order from QVC but I received a D&C item within 5 days.  See my post about fast shipping.  I think what is ordered depends on how fast it arrives.  However, QVC should not say something is in stock and ready for shipment when it isn't and to a certain extent, yes they are responsible for getting the item to the customer in a timely fashion.  If the shippers they currently use are frequently delayed, QVC should change the way the items are shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@qvcaddition.  Strange this should happen since they're shipping from the same warehouses by the same people now, unless it's vendor shipped.

Don't know, but I get everything much faster from HSN. No in process for weeks, but one day and they ship.  Happens all the time from diff. vendors.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to know why they sell items that are NOT in stock!!!

Trusted Contributor

I had all of those problems....and they started way before the pandemic.  So I paid of my Qcard and cancelled it.  I read the forums, but I rarely purchase from QVC.  If I do make a purchase, I always expect a delay and consider that before a purchase. And I also check to see if HSN has the product or amazon.   I stil occasionally order from HSN.  I have never had a problem from HSN. 

New Contributor

Thanks, Kindaglitzy.  I appreciate the HSN suggestion and will certainly give them a try.  I agree Mail Innovations is the pits.  I would love if QVC would give shipping carrier options when ordering rather than defaulting to the UPS handoff to USPS that Mail Innovations uses.  Both of my recent orders that arrived with the wrong items/invoices in the bag were shipped out of California according to the tracking information.  I have seen other customers post in product reviews this happened to them recently also.  The 2 orders I am waiting on right now are Mail Innovations where UPS is sitting on the packages locally instead of transferring them to USPS for delivery.  I'm giving up on QVC for now.  I had one order that I placed on Halloween that did not arrive until mid-December.  That is just unacceptable and I will have to take my business elsewhere.  I placed my first clothing order with Amazon last week and was thrilled with my purchase and the delivery time.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  Has HSN closed their distribution centers? 

@mspatmac. All I know is that all my recent HSN purchases have had the Bethlehem. Pa return address so I assume they have.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@rms1954 Just curious, what do you mean you have no problems canceling an order?

Whenever I've tried to cancel one, unless it's basically done within 5-10 minutes of placing my order, I'm outta luck lol and it says too late to cancel your order, it's in processing. 

I've experienced this now for quite some time (at the rare times I've tried), maybe before Covid but since 2020 felt like a decade lol, hard to say. 

But seriously wondering, what your experience is, have you canceled an order a good 20 minutes or so later and succeeded? 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do you think that the fact that we're in the middle of a Global crisis may have something to do with it?  There are constant supply chain and transportation interruptions which are beyond the ability of retailers to control.  Orders arrive late or incomplete.  Transportation providers have been overwhelmed and are inundated with more mail than they can deliver.  It has effected all retailers, not just QVC.  Surely you must have heard some of this on the news?

First, this "global crisis" has nothing to do with backorders. If qvc states its in stock, then their warehouse has the items. They shouldn't guarantee (as of xmas orders) if they can't deliver on the promise, and then blame it on "global crisis". As far as i could tell, the op isn't complaining about slow delivery, but wrong orders.