Respected Contributor

Re: What's Up With All The Yarn?

I would gladly purchase the Bernat Softee Chunky yarn in bulk.  I use this for Baby Afghans.

I did email CS to ask if these bulk bags are the same dye lots?  If not...  Not for me.

The only yarn company that I ordered from for years - that quaranteed matching dye lots - went out of business late last year.

So, I would gladly pay extra, and order from here.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I kind of like it, even though I likely won’t be buying. 

Its new and different.  I can see how some people will be interested even if they can get cheaper prices elsewhere.  And we don’t all have chain stores like Michael’s, near to us 

Perhaps some people got gift cards for Christmas, and they’re looking for something to buy with them....at least you don’t have to worry about whether or not yarn will “fit”. 

Valued Contributor

There have been pages of new items over the last several months of products normally not shown on the QVC website.  It seems they have adopted an Amazon warehouse setup where items are shipped from warehouses across the country.  I used to always see a QVC box...now it is just cardboard with no logo.  Order the yarn and see if it comes  in a Q box.

Regular Contributor

The Q's prices on yarn are crazy expensive.  Anyone who knits or crochets will know that they can buy yarn just avout anywhere for a lot cheaper than QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

The Q is selling yarn?  

Yes - quite a lot of it.  The OP made me look at the New Arrivals and yes, yarn.  Good for people who cannot go out to stores.  I have no idea if the prices are good.  

Capture.PNG

Trusted Contributor

Maybe the Q wants us to knit our own sweaters so we know how hard "fully fashioned" knit sweaters really are?

Valued Contributor

YARN  DID NOT SEE THAT I BUY MINE AT WALMART AND THE PRICES ARE GREAT