Contributor

I am just wondering why hosts do not do blogs anymore?

Honored Contributor

@TheAdventurer.  They use Facebook and Instagram now.

Respected Contributor

I was wondering the same thing.  I checked on their facebook pages and it is not the same thing.  All that is is an advertisement for QVC products, showing the TV airings, etc.  That's a bunch of ******. 

Used to be you could find recipes, personal events, etc., that was interesting to read... So much for this part of QVC I guess....

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.  I checked on their facebook pages and it is not the same thing.  All that is is an advertisement for QVC products, showing the TV airings, etc.  That's a bunch of ******. 

Used to be you could find recipes, personal events, etc., that was interesting to read... So much for this part of QVC I guess....

@KatieB Check their Instagram. Just type their name then Instagram. They post a lot of personal pictures.

Mary Beth had personal stuff on Facebook. Her daughters prom, lots with the new twins. Etc. 

I guess that’s all we get now.

Respected Contributor

And if you're not on Facebook--tough.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

And if you're not on Facebook--tough.

@insomniac2.  They all have public Facebook. You don’t have to belong. Why would public figures limit their audience? 

If Facebook asks,you to join just close the box. 

Respected Contributor

Facebook, Instagram and other forms of social media.  I never read the blogs unless a host posted a link to it from Facebook.  Seems there are lots of changes taking place at QVC on air.  Maybe the elimination of the host blogs are part of it. 

Honored Contributor

Not everyone wants to have an account on social media. Yes, you can open some FB pages without an account, but you can't post.

Honored Contributor

One of the last remnants of hosts using the Blogs was Carolyn and Gary using it to vote in their Designer vs. Diva poll.

Well starting 2019, Designer vs. Diva is only on FB.  The current poll vote is there, not here in the Forum any longer.

Honored Contributor

IMO a few of the hosts were using the blogs to further their own cause or that of their family members and the Q put the kybash to that. The hosts can pretty much say and post what they want on Facebook and Instagram and the Q doesn't have to worry about the customers calling Mike George and complaining about what the hosts are sharing on the Blogs.