Honored Contributor

Re: What is happening with Shawn?

I feel that Shawn would want the viewers to know. I am quite sure Pat had her blessing to tell all. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Yes, Pat should have known Shawn has been telling the national audience of this everytime she sells a religious article and would want to speak of it herself.

Yep... Other than expressing sincere regrets for the loss, I was going to say I sincerely hope she doesn't now opt to incorporate this into one of her doom and gloom presentations, but I didn't want to be that cynical... I don't know why not, but I didn't...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm confused. How could she have been telling viewers about this every time she sells jewelry if it just occurred?

But yes, I agree with stevieb in her hope that it is not used in the future as part of any sales presentation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm confused. How could she have been telling viewers about this every time she sells jewelry if it just occurred?

But yes, I agree with stevieb in her hope that it is not used in the future as part of any sales presentation.

@suzyQ3 I don't watch often these days but I think the gist of it is that he's been failing for a while now and she's apparently been mentioning it during her shows.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Yes, Pat should have known Shawn has been telling the national audience of this everytime she sells a religious article and would want to speak of it herself.

Yep... Other than expressing sincere regrets for the loss, I was going to say I sincerely hope she doesn't now opt to incorporate this into one of her doom and gloom presentations, but I didn't want to be that cynical... I don't know why not, but I didn't...

Woman Wink

I thought it was crass to sell her jewelry while telling hospital stories thru his illness. I guess I see it as something I would be surprised if she didn't. She uses her friend with cancer, her best friend who died, I just can't see this being excluded.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 I don't watch often these days but I think the gist of it is that he's been failing for a while now and she's apparently been mentioning it during her shows.

Ah, okay, thanks. I don't watch jewelry shows.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Whats gloom and doom about her presentations?  Should she laugh her way through these spiritual presentations.  They mean a lot to her and she's gone through and going through a lot in her life.  Some people have no compassion when someone has had tragedies in their life.  She speaks from her heart and you can see that sometimes she fights back her tears.  I can completely relate to her stories and believe that this inspirational jewelry helps people when they are going through hard times.  Just listen to the callers and how moved they are by this jewelry.

Another thing, do you think that that the Q is not aware or approves of her selling this jewelry.  If they didn't she wouldn't be the host selling it.  

Trusted Contributor

Wow!  

I find some people, I guess, harsh, comes to mind! 

Honored Contributor

With all of her frequent vacations and personal disasters, seems like Shawn can't fit a job into her schedule.  I haven't seen her for ages, but I skip the Monday night circus.  I do look for her Fridays  but dont even remember the last time she was on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Whats gloom and doom about her presentations?  Should she laugh her way through these spiritual presentations.  They mean a lot to her and she's gone through and going through a lot in her life.  Some people have no compassion when someone has had tragedies in their life.  She speaks from her heart and you can see that sometimes she fights back her tears.  I can completely relate to her stories and believe that this inspirational jewelry helps people when they are going through hard times.  Just listen to the callers and how moved they are by this jewelry.

Another thing, do you think that that the Q is not aware or approves of her selling this jewelry.  If they didn't she wouldn't be the host selling it.  

That's one point of view. Another is that these 'spiritual' presentations have little place on home shopping and should be minimized, and that it's a bit crass, at best, and shabby, at worst, to be using sickness and death as a means to move the merchandise. It isn't a matter of compassion. I'd posit that most of us are compassionate individuals and that's more or less precisely whey some of us feel these sorts of 'heartfelt' and tearful presentations used to sell QVC's wares are questionable.