Esteemed Contributor

Pumpkins and Pilgrims, please.

I know this is an old gripe but anyway...why must we have Christmas trees and wreaths and gifts shoved at us?  Can't we have some pumpkins and Pilgrims decorating the QVC sets?  It's so phoney and greedy.  I'm so fed up with this,I'm going to avoid shopping channels for 1 month. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pumpkins and Pilgrims, please.

@MoJoV wrote:

I know this is an old gripe but anyway...why must we have Christmas trees and wreaths and gifts shoved at us?  Can't we have some pumpkins and Pilgrims decorating the QVC sets?  It's so phoney and greedy.  I'm so fed up with this,I'm going to avoid shopping channels for 1 month. 

Greedy because shopping channels are retailers which exist to sell us things?  Why would a shopping channel not try to sell items for a gift-giving season.

Generally, people are not giving expensive pilgrims and pumpkins for Thanksgiving.  While I understand that people do gt an overload of Christmas, the fact is that people are shopping for Christmas and other holidays, so QVC is going to try to meet the consumers' needs.

As so few people on these boards seem to realize, QVC is in business to make money.  QVC oes not exist to entertain us or alleviate our boredom.

Respected Contributor

heart.pngheart.pngheart.png

Honored Contributor

Don't worry.  There will be no trace of Christmas decor on Q after December 25.

Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

Greedy because shopping channels are retailers which exist to sell us things?  Why would a shopping channel not try to sell items for a gift-giving season.

Generally, people are not giving expensive pilgrims and pumpkins for Thanksgiving.  While I understand that people do gt an overload of Christmas, the fact is that people are shopping for Christmas and other holidays, so QVC is going to try to meet the consumers' needs.

As so few people on these boards seem to realize, QVC is in business to make money.  QVC oes not exist to entertain us or alleviate our boredom.

We all know that QVC is a business that needs to make money.  But, it still doesn't mean they can't sell Christmas items and still use a Fall/Thanksgiving backdrop.  Just seeing a Christmas tree in the background doesn't entice me to buy the product. Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year and it gets overlooked. 

Honored Contributor

It does not have to be a full blown blow out decoration frenzy but just a little something for what is next on the calendar.  My front door is decorated for a month before any holiday, not the ones six months down the road.

Putting a tree up with lights does not make us give up our $$ any faster in Aug. as it does in Nov.  Enjoy them all so we can too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  Wouldn't it be nice if QVC sets were decorated for Fall from now until Thanksgiving, instead of decorated for Christmas.  It'll never happen but one can dream.

Respected Contributor

It's not just QVC that has forgotten Thanksgiving.  I was in several stores looking for Thanksgiving motif items and they were few and far between.  One store had a huge assortment of plastic trees from China including orange and red ones.  Perhaps they are Thanksgiving trees?  LOL!

Respected Contributor

Back in the day when QVC sold items for Halloween, and Thanksgiving I bought the most beautiful set I think there are 8 or 10 pieces of Pilgrims all dressed up and i use them to make a scene on my one buffet for Thanksgiving every one always wants to know were to buy them I just say these are from the days of old of QVC. Miss those days.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Don't worry.  There will be no trace of Christmas decor on Q after December 25.

Yes,we will be Christmas  free until  July!