Respected Contributor

I personally enjoy JT's absence.  Maybe she will retire there soon or work for the other channel that is there. 

Respected Contributor

Well, on my job we can accrue so much time and then you are cut off from accruing anyone until you use some. Perhaps that is way Qvc works. Maybe she is only contracted for a certain amount of time per month. It's so funny to me hat she can't win. Others have posted she's on too ugh now not enough. Idk....

Respected Contributor

Re: What? No David?

[ Edited ]

I believe that every employee should use all the personal and vacation days that they have legitimately accrued.  It's an employee benefit.  I think it would be foolish to ignore a benefit that is yours.

Valued Contributor

Last Wednesday he said he was taking a long weekend, wouldn't be on Sunday, but would be back on next Wednesday.

Trusted Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

Speaking of people taking contractual time off, how come Jane Treacy is always 'on vacation?'  Not that I'm complaining, but it seems like she only works a day or 2 a week and is in Florida the rest of the time.  Contractual time or not, one has a responibility to go to work or resign.  As a teacher, I had accrued a lot of time but only used it when absolutely necessary.  My husband and I even planned our wedding for July so it wouldn't interfer with the school year and leave my kids with a substitute.  I know if I took as much time off as she does, my bosses would have been on me, even though by virtue of my contract, there would be nothing they could do to me.  Not abusing PTO days is called 'responsibility.'

If she loves Florida so much, why doesn't she just move there.  Taking so much time off is not fair to her colleagues as they have to cover for her, albeit, it's a pleasure for this viewer as I'm sure it is for many others.  Less chaotic, less me, me, me, my daughters on stage, literally, literally, and literally (always used incorrectly), and 'mah honey.'  Just my observation.

Because it's not 1985 and there is no such thing as "abusing PTO".  I work for the second largest restaurant company in the world and we actually have been given unlimited PTO as of this past January.  We are encouraged to take time off frequently as it prevents burnout and improves workplace morale and productivity.  No one abuses anything and it's a great recruitment tool.  

Honored Contributor

Re: What? No David?

[ Edited ]

I'm also enjoying Rachel seeming a lot more relaxed in the show.  No "intern/mentee" role to fill, with David hovering over her to taste food.  Today it's two competent hosts, with Mary still able to take the lead.  Refreshing.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of JT but she has worked there for decades and I'm sure she has a large amount of PTO. She's earned it, let her use it. 

@docsgirl wrote:

Speaking of people taking contractual time off, how come Jane Treacy is always 'on vacation?'  Not that I'm complaining, but it seems like she only works a day or 2 a week and is in Florida the rest of the time.  Contractual time or not, one has a responibility to go to work or resign.  As a teacher, I had accrued a lot of time but only used it when absolutely necessary.  My husband and I even planned our wedding for July so it wouldn't interfer with the school year and leave my kids with a substitute.  I know if I took as much time off as she does, my bosses would have been on me, even though by virtue of my contract, there would be nothing they could do to me.  Not abusing PTO days is called 'responsibility.'

If she loves Florida so much, why doesn't she just move there.  Taking so much time off is not fair to her colleagues as they have to cover for her, albeit, it's a pleasure for this viewer as I'm sure it is for many others.  Less chaotic, less me, me, me, my daughters on stage, literally, literally, and literally (always used incorrectly), and 'mah honey.'  Just my observation.

Trusted Contributor
@Caaareful Shopper Do you mean Rachel?
Honored Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
@Caaareful Shopper Do you mean Rachel?

@RescueLover   Ooops, I sure do -- thank you for catching that!  I edited my post Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

You dont like Jane, yet you are complaining she is not on enough for your satisfactiin of what she should be doing in your eyes.   Ok. Perhaps... Focus on something that actually affects you or that you yourself can control and you will be a happier person.