Respected Contributor

What? No David?

[ Edited ]

Am disappointed as tuned in for ITKWD and no David today.  Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

Every employee is deserving of their contractual time off.

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying the show!  Bought the bacon.

Regular Contributor

I'm also enjoying the show. I like watching Mary Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

And there are posters who tuned into ITKWM yesterday and there was no Mary!

The disappointment balances out I suppose.

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ You should follow him on the various social media sites.

He's been talking for weeks about his "long weekend to Florida".

Screenshot_20240421-141337_kindlephoto-501302480.png

Screenshot_20240421-141319_kindlephoto-501411426.png

Valued Contributor

Re: What? No David?

[ Edited ]

Speaking of people taking contractual time off, how come Jane Treacy is always 'on vacation?'  Not that I'm complaining, but it seems like she only works a day or 2 a week and is in Florida the rest of the time.  Contractual time or not, one has a responibility to go to work or resign.  As a teacher, I had accrued a lot of time but only used it when absolutely necessary.  My husband and I even planned our wedding for July so it wouldn't interfer with the school year and leave my kids with a substitute.  I know if I took as much time off as she does, my bosses would have been on me, even though by virtue of my contract, there would be nothing they could do to me.  Not abusing PTO days is called 'responsibility.'

If she loves Florida so much, why doesn't she just move there.  Taking so much time off is not fair to her colleagues as they have to cover for her, albeit, it's a pleasure for this viewer as I'm sure it is for many others.  Less chaotic, less me, me, me, my daughters on stage, literally, literally, and literally (always used incorrectly), and 'mah honey.'  Just my observation.

Respected Contributor

I like Mary, she does a good job.

Hosts that have been at QVC for a long time probably get a lot of vacation time.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ  I was surprised too, but I'm enjoying watching Mary. NOT enjoying the endless Dyson presentations. I missed David's FB posts this week, so I didn't realize he was going to be in Florida this weekend. 

You know what? Maybe the few days off will help him refresh his presentations. They have been uninspired lately. JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

Speaking of people taking contractual time off, how come Jane Treacy is always 'on vacation?'  Not that I'm complaining, but it seems like she only works a day or 2 a week and is in Florida the rest of the time.  Contractual time or not, one has a responibility to go to work or resign.  As a teacher, I had accrued a lot of time but only used it when absolutely necessary.  My husband and I even planned our wedding for July so it wouldn't interfer with the school year and leave my kids with a substitute.  I know if I took as much time off as she does, my bosses would have been on me, even though by virtue of my contract, there would be nothing they could do to me.  Not abusing PTO days is called 'responsibility.'

If she loves Florida so much, why doesn't she just move there.  Taking so much time off is not fair to her colleagues as they have to cover for her, albeit, it's a pleasure for this viewer as I'm sure it is for many others.  Less chaotic, less me, me, me, my daughters on stage, literally, literally, and literally (always used incorrectly), and 'mah honey.'  Just my observation.

I'm sure her time off is between her and the mothership. If she has the time she might as well take it. I know when I worked I took every single day allotted to me. I didn't complain when others took time off nor should others complain when I took time off.