Honored Contributor

Re: Well, it's time to turn off Q.

Name change . . . QVC:  Quality Value Christmas!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

No Q for me today. I enjoy the seasons and holidays as they come. No phony July Christmas for me. I'll be Netflixing all day and skipping Q. Saving $

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Agree

I can sort of understand doing something on July 25th, but this starting on July 1st, when we are going into the July 4th weekend and most people are getting into summer is just too much for me.

what is the rush

next year Christmas in April?

I agree with this! July 25 is the traditional "Christmas in July." I remember my mom talking about the sales when I was a young girl. And I don't mind AUG, SEP, and OCT 25! But July 1? Oh, well. I see it in stores too.

I'm taking my new Suntan BBW hand soaps and candle - which are terrific BTW - and going away! LOL! Smiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

I completely agree with this post!!!! Do Q execs read these and take them into consideration or are Christmas sale days that great? Maybe some Christmas programs on the 25th would be ok,'but  ALL day on July 1st is excessive and boring. So, tv is off except for the local news; then off to the pool!

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

Time to bring out.my Bah Humbug shirt.

Seriously, this forum is constantly full of people whining about the programming not being exactly what that specific individual wants to see at that exact moment. And they complain about the younger generation thinking everything is about them. 

It is a forum, where else could one complain?

You prefer we not state the obvious?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

I hate Christmas shows in July, August, September, and October.  Most include leftover products from last year and repeats of the same products sold year after year.  

I don't begrudge those who like them.  They just aren't for me.

Sincerely

Scrooge

Sort of like this posts complaining about it.  It's just what happens in July at QVC EVERY year. 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

Time to bring out.my Bah Humbug shirt.

Seriously, this forum is constantly full of people whining about the programming not being exactly what that specific individual wants to see at that exact moment. And they complain about the younger generation thinking everything is about them. 

LOL!!  Most retailers try to get ahead of the game.  Good for them!  Why let this retailer in your living room if you don't care for it?  I saw evidence of Christmas decor on it's way when I was out today.  I sure didn't go running to the management of the store to complain.  What's the point?  I can easily walk past it and let the ones who like it shop.  It's even easier to ignore when it's on tv.   

Honored Contributor

LOL.... waaaay too soon, I'm still vacuuming tree needles out of the carpet from last Christmas!

Wait.... I know.... I'll just keep the tree up all year, 24/7 and just decide to be open to the idea of year around Christmas!  Woman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I feel the same way about the Hallmark channel.  Starting Holloween they have nothing but Christmas movies.  I could understand starting Thanksgiving weekend, but Holloween??? and on top of that they have no classic Christmas. I usually turn Hallmark off until after Christmas, actually after New Years.  They play Christmas movies until after New Years.

______

Oh Boy, do I agree with this!

To make it worse, so many of their Hallmark movies, are SO, over the top, syrupy and schmaltzy, with acting that isn't very good. 

The sweetness makes my teeth hurt, and makes me want to switch to the ID channel, for a compelling tale of some disgruntled relatives, shooting each other up, over who ate the last of the Turkey white meat😉😉