Honored Contributor

Well, it's time to turn off Q.

I hate Christmas shows in July, August, September, and October.  Most include leftover products from last year and repeats of the same products sold year after year.  

I don't begrudge those who like them.  They just aren't for me.

Sincerely

Scrooge

Contributor

Re: Well, it's time to turn off Q.

I couldn't agree more. I have no interest in shopping for Christmas in the summer. The Q will kick off the holiday season in October as it is. Enough already.

Valued Contributor

Time to bring out.my Bah Humbug shirt.

Honored Contributor

Agree

I can sort of understand doing something on July 25th, but this starting on July 1st, when we are going into the July 4th weekend and most people are getting into summer is just too much for me.

what is the rush

next year Christmas in April?

Trusted Contributor

I love all the Christmas shows........no matter what time of year!  Smiley Very Happy  They make me smile and feel happy.

Regular Contributor

I have to wonder what sales look like? Do they drop dramatically?  They continue to do this year after year, so I guess not, but I can't imagine who's buying this stuff NOW?

Regular Contributor

I agree - I can hardly stand Christmas in December, let alone  July or any other month.  Bah, Humbug.

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with you. Well, at least I won't be turning the Q on and will save some money. I get tempted and cave sometimes. Not a lot but sometimes on a few skincare items.

I detest seeing the Christmas stuff coming out iin the stores in early fall also. The true meaning of Christmas has certainly been forgotten. That is what bugs me; it's all about money, money, money.

Honored Contributor

I think Evine had a special Christmas-themed event on June 25, something to the effect of "We're half-way there." It was only a few days after the first day of summer! I had to do a double-take. I couldn't change the channel fast enough, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@picco wrote:

I have to wonder what sales look like? Do they drop dramatically?  They continue to do this year after year, so I guess not, but I can't imagine who's buying this stuff NOW?

I buy now, because now is the only time the prices are reduced.  Now is also the time when the most new items are shown.  The new candle rings I ordered just after midnight last night sold out almost immediately.  If I had waited until closer to Christmas to shop, they would be long gone. 

I'm definitely not defending QVC's practice of showing Christmas stuff routinely and repetitively for the rest of the year.  I also find that a bit ridiculous.  Just saying that anyone remotely interested in the decor would benefit from shopping in July, not later.