Trusted Contributor

Re: Well, it's time to turn off Q.

CIJ isn't exactly a new idea or one that is exclusive to QVC.  I noticed this morning that one of the cable TV stations is having a marathon of Christmas movies.  

Honored Contributor

It's not for me either, so I just don't look.  But I guess we must be in the minority.  For what it costs to sell stuff on tv, they must really get a lot of business with it or they wouldn't do it.

Furthermore - it started ALREADY?   Oh boy.   Pretty soon it will be christmas in May and christmas in February - then just 24/7/365.  

Oh well, I guess they are going to sell whatever sells - even if it's the same stuff over and over, day after day, year after year.  

Super Contributor

I agree that unfortunately, Christmas is getting more and more commercialized, but I wouldn't call myself a Scrooge. An earlier poster is correct....if you want some of the Christmas items now, you better get them because on some of the stuff, there will be no reorder. Is it a ploy to get you to buy? Probably, and there is a very good possibility that the Q makes much money on this every year, or they wouldn't be doing this year after year. Saw some things that I liked, but after my mom passed, I inherited a lot of her Christmas decorations, many of which were from QVC. Do I need more Christmas decorations? No, That's why it would really have to be something special for me to bite. Saving a lot of money this way. Wouldn't buy any food from QVC. Not saying that it isn't any good, but very expensive.

Respected Contributor

I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year. However, I don't like Christmas in July at all. People get all into that, yet tell me I put my Christmas stuff out too early in November (usually beforeThanksgiving ) The July holiday is July 4th. Maybe Christmas in July should be July 25th or a weekend later in the month. This weekend is a summer holiday lol. Besides, it's all just cheap dollar store junk that they're selling anyway - nothing to get so excited about.
Honored Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I feel the same way about the Hallmark channel.  Starting Holloween they have nothing but Christmas movies.  I could understand starting Thanksgiving weekend, but Holloween??? and on top of that they have no classic Christmas. I usually turn Hallmark off until after Christmas, actually after New Years.  They play Christmas movies until after New Years.

______

Oh Boy, do I agree with this!

To make it worse, so many of their Hallmark movies, are SO, over the top, syrupy and schmaltzy, with acting that isn't very good. 

The sweetness makes my teeth hurt, and makes me want to switch to the ID channel, for a compelling tale of some disgruntled relatives, shooting each other up, over who ate the last of the Turkey white meat😉😉

Thank you I knew I was not the only one.  That part about the ID channel is too funny.  LOL.

Respected Contributor

I also agree. We get enough, starting with Black friday! QVC has gotten so stale anyways. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Nothing is worse than Christmas in July other than Christmas in August, September, October, November and December.... Please shoot me out of my misery and GAG ME WITH A SPOON.....Woman Sad

PS... QVC ... YOU HAVE THE WORSE EMOTIC ON'S  I HAVE EVER USED.

I completely agree!!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I hate Christmas shows in July, August, September, and October.  Most include leftover products from last year and repeats of the same products sold year after year.  

I don't begrudge those who like them.  They just aren't for me.

Sincerely

Scrooge

Sort of like this posts complaining about it.  It's just what happens in July at QVC EVERY year. 

And your response is also complaining about it.  

Trusted Contributor

Not interested in shopping for Christmas in July. I like the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. I rarely buy anything this far in advance.
Honored Contributor

I get it for July 25 and even Aug 25, Sept 25, and Oct 25.  But Q does Christmas to death with the same old, same old, products year after year.   

This is a forum.  Why is it so wrong to post an opinion?   I know CIJ is not a new thing.  I know it's done every year.  I'm not whining.  It's my opinion and it doesn't line up with some of your opinions....big deal.  It doesn't make you right and me wrong, or vice versa.